Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Think it’s also important to remember that we’re entering a stage of the pandemic where, it is literally 1 year since the market really dropped. Remember the market is still largely up from last year, plus people can sell their positions at a 15% rate vs a 25% tax rate
DJIA was under 20k about a year ago and now its over 32k. Thats like what, over a 60% gain? How many 60% year to year gains has it had over the course of history? Prolly not too much. Could be the fed boosting the market or something else but fact remains that the market is still largely up from a year ago. Not everything has to keep being red but if its a company or investment that has long term potential and innovation in their field, then red will be good to be able to load up more and also present the opportunity for more investors to come in and help drive up the stock price. Not like its worth constantly buying and selling a stock just to try and get the most profit. Good companies bounce back over time in spite of any dips. Even tho its not a stock, I'll use Bitcoin as an example. It went from nearly 42k on January 8 to under 29k on January 22nd. Thats like a 30% drop in 2 weeks. Panic then would've caused a miss in the rise to 56k now. Red doesn't mean going down to 0, means just dipping enough to be able to load up more. Everything will be alright over time. We'll look back at this period around EOY and be in a much better place.

Reign X

Pro
Daps
Already abandoning SoFi eh. Patience.
Nothing against it, just put money into a better short term play in my opinion. I still got a small 18 share position left in one account.

Overall I am concerned about the margin debt people have. Read it’s still very high. Historically that usually ends bad and leads to a crash. Timing market is tough, but I wonder how many of my 8-10 stocks grow enough to maintain during a big downturn. I would just say it isn’t a bad idea to have a bit of cash on hand. Don’t invest money you will need soon. Stimulus should help meme stocks.

Last edited:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
dave ramseys right hand man :skip:

well I must admit I wouldn't of expected him to be his right hand man...I don't really mess with Ramsey much so i was sleeping. Shyt what did he do catch a case or something? Acting like he disappointed a church congregation.

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Think it’s also important to remember that we’re entering a stage of the pandemic where, it is literally 1 year since the market really dropped. Remember the market is still largely up from last year, plus people can sell their positions at a 15% rate vs a 25% tax rate
:ohhh: Didn’t think about that

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Did you guys change hours ? Looks like market opened one hour earlier ? Or am I bugging ?