Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah AAPL is in a clear down trend channel since mid jan, it needs to break out of it for it to grow more. It just looks weak.
Apple is one of those stocks I own that I don't really actively follow the price. All I know is over the long term it will continue to grow. I haven't bought a share in almost 2 years so my cost basis is in the $40s but that's just a testament to how it grows that shares from 2019 are up 180%.
Microsoft is like that too. Own it and don't really track the price closely.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Apple is one of those stocks I own that I don't really actively follow the price. All I know is over the long term it will continue to grow. I haven't bought a share in almost 2 years so my cost basis is in the $40s but that's just a testament to how it grows that shares from 2019 are up 180%.

I agree. But I wonder will Apple ever touch numbers like Amazon

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@chineebai , @Slim , @ahomeplateslugger , do QQQ or other similar indexes precede the price of the stocks it encompasses ? From your explanations, it seems like I should watch QQQ first to know the direction of the tech stocks ?
Yeah that's usually a good idea. Pay attention to all indexes and overall markets. Individual names are only as strong as the overall activity. There's been times that I didn't buy stock because the overall market was weak even if the individual stock seemed okay, I rather wait for a clear trend.

Another name to add to swings - REKR

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah if you brought in that early, then it really doesn't matter. But for those that are new and looking for a dip to buy, this aint it right now.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah if you brought in that early, then it really doesn't matter. But for those that are new and looking for a dip to buy, this aint it right now.
If you buy today in 2 years it will likely be worth even more just like it was for me in 2019 vs now. Apple is a money park and long term buy. A dip doesn't matter as much with them.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you buy today in 2 years it will likely be worth even more just like it was for me in 2019 vs now. Apple is a money park and long term buy. A dip doesn't matter as much with them.
I would say $10-$20 matters a lot for apple haha

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
@chineebai , @Slim , @ahomeplateslugger , do QQQ or other similar indexes precede the price of the stocks it encompasses ? From your explanations, it seems like I should watch QQQ first to know the direction of the tech stocks ?

that's correct. i follow QQQ for tech stocks and SPY for the S&P 500. those are the two biggest indicators that i use to determine which direction the market could potentially move.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

you bought in a long time ago so it's way past your cost basis....My cost basis however is 120 so it's teetering over barely profitable for me in one of my accounts that I have over 30 shares of it. Kind of has me side eyeing it. In my old accounts it's not an issue at all....It just seems like it's been in this 120 range for a while.

I wish Amazon and Google would do a stock split but they most def don't have to...

Would you grab about 10 shares of BERKSHIRE B in your M1?looking for diversification or do you know like a cheaper ETF I could get into.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
you bought in a long time ago so it's way past your cost basis....My cost basis however is 120 so it's teetering over barely profitable for me in one of my accounts that I have over 30 shares of it. Kind of has me side eyeing it. In my old accounts it's not an issue at all....It just seems like it's been in this 120 range for a while.

I wish Amazon and Google would do a stock split but they most def don't have to...

Would you grab about 10 shares of BERKSHIRE B in your M1?looking for diversification or do you know like a cheaper ETF I could get into.
There's certain companies that you can buy them and set / forget. If you bought Google 2 years ago it's worth almost $1000 a share over what it was back then. Amazon about 2 years ago its like $1500 more than it was. You just buy Apple, loosely follow the news, and trust the process long term. It almost doesn't evem matter your buy in price because it continues to grow.