Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
What is the impact/significance of the QQQ etf ? I know brehs like @chineebai talk about it but I don't understand what it measures exactly.

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Doesn't seem to be having the same impact as before. Maybe market doesn't care about yields anymore? shyt is confusing, maybe just all games played by big money
seems like it.. and money coming in on the dip probably stabilized things to a degree.

I just wanted 30 minutes to go shopping :unimpressed:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
ten year up because the covid deal is done and jobless claims lower. Basically people are still worried about the economy doing "too well" too fast.. retarded but that's how lending goes..

So next week could be bloody again depending on what Powell says or does on the 17th.

it's dumb but don't be surprised to see all your gains melt down for a few days ahead of a decision on rates. Actually i wouldn't be surprised to see a sell off into Monday.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ten year up because the covid deal is done and jobless claims lower. Basically people are still worried about the economy doing "too well" too fast.. retarded but that's how lending goes..

So next week could be bloody again depending on what Powell says or does on the 17th.

it's dumb but don't be surprised to see all your gains melt down for a few days ahead of a decision on rates. Actually i wouldn't be surprised to see a sell off into Monday.
:ehh: good. gonna sink the rest of my money in over the next week

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I couldn't find a real catalyst beyond Paramount+. Some articles I saw noted the Oprah interview and upcoming March Madness which also doesn't seem like it'd move something that much.

I think it just had been oversold and Paramount+ caused a light to shine on it at the right time (this weeks rally).
It's starting to feel like whenever a legacy media company goes the streaming route, their value jumps. This also happened with Discovery Channel.

I believe it was in the 20s and 30s before they rolled that service out this year, now it's over $70. I should have bought some, because honestly, outside of sports, HGTV is the only channel that I just randomly have on in the background with my wife.

She even said, "we should get some stock in that" after they were spamming the ads for it on their channels
:jbhmm:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That’s really depressing

Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Valley of the SUNS
What is the impact/significance of the QQQ etf ? I know brehs like @chineebai talk about it but I don't understand what it measures exactly.

It represents the NASDAQ/tech sector. if QQQ goes down then tech goes down and inverse of that.

To add on, it's basically the top ~100 Nasdaq companies. This is the full list Nasdaq 100 Index Component Weights - Nasdaq 100 Companies

There is also the QQQJ which is "the next 100" or basically the 100-200 companies on Nasdaq.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
another thing to consider. We cannot outsmart the market. We can guess but it's always two steps ahead and sometimes will do the opposite of what you thought.

You can easier predict the long term of a company..

So you may lose gains but be prepared by having cash ready to go in your account on sales and dips.