Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
yup. i said square and paypal will disrupt banks a couple of years ago and i think sofi will do the same. they offer personal, home and student loans in the USA right now from my understanding so have a lot of room for growth. fintech is where it's at.

They’re going to be a full on challenger bank looking to disrupt how people engage with their FS provider. They’ve already disrupted lending but when they’re at full life they’re going to be able to offer w/ a whole suite of banking products, that’s where all these sponsor banks that sit behind the fintechs come in.

Acquiring Golden Pacific was them confirming what people already knew but (imo) also telegraphing how quickly they want to get there. I don’t know shyt but I’ve worked tangent to their space long enough to know I’m a big believer in them.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Uber looking like it's gonna try $60 again. I hope it thoroughly breaks that ceiling. Truthly I probably should have been sold but it has sentimental value as one of the first growth stocks I chose to buy even when I only cared about dividends.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Coupang IPO

I was checking this out so i'm looking at JD this and Tencent
Uber looking like it's gonna try $60 again. I hope it thoroughly breaks that ceiling. Truthly I probably should have been sold but it has sentimental value as one of the first growth stocks I chose to buy even when I only cared about dividends.

the only thing I'm doing this week is stacking up my dividend pie (ATT, SCHD, ALTRIA, EXXON) I know I'm going to need to put some real money into it. Anything short of $10, 000 and I'm pouring jelly on myself. First stop is 5k. I'll get there when I get my taxes back.

Last edited:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just filed my taxes :mjgrin:

They want documents of every transaction :mjgrin:

EDIT: Don't know if this is common but I don't remember it happening past few years.

FYI tax enforcement is going to go WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY up going forward. trump completely ignored it but that's going to change.

No matter where/how you're making money, make sure you have the documentation.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Going to round out my long term portfolio with a stock or ETF in each sector I don’t have a stock in + pick an emerging markets fund. that’ll be my grown up portfolio

I need to clean up my IRA’s and consolidate, goal every year is to flip the annual contribution 2x-3x then dump it into longs. I’m cutting SPLK, shyt is dead weight and they’re facing more competition with falling revenue. Really wish I sold this last summer and kept COUP, :snoop:

got a slightly high risk portfolio in TD

got my home sale taxes in solid ETF’s in ally

my trading account is still :trash: right now. Lord those penny bags are heavy :heh: