Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I'm still more than 40% cash and would have wanted to be sub-20 after the bounce :beli: I did manage to buy a lot during the dip but I only buy incrementally so I wished TSLA didn't bounce back that hard and that fast and I could have gotten at least 1 more share to make it a whole 3 :russ:

Anyway, on my brokerage account RBLX does appear and introduction price seems to be 45 as expected. I can only set buys down to 36. Which I did.
I want to try to cash in on the hype of RBLX but man this thing seems so overvalued to me. How are they already close to half the market cap of Activision. And some how last year during this pandemic where everyone is inside and doing nothing but playing games they lost money? Then I read they were initially supposed ipo/dpo last November at $3 billion but now it's $30 billion?

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I want to try to cash in on the hype of RBLX but man this thing seems so overvalued to me. How are they already close to half the market cap of Activision. And some how last year during this pandemic where everyone is inside and doing nothing but playing games they lost money? Then I read they were initially supposed ipo/dpo last November at $3 billion but now it's $30 billion?
That's my issue as well. In the best conditions, they couldn't turn a profit and even worse, they had bigger losses YOY. I read that most of the losses is because they have to pay fees to peg their online currency to the dollar or something like this but it's concerning that their losses increase by a bigger factor than their revenue.
But I want to ride the hype as well on a quick trade and I'm sure the volatility will be huge so hopefully it swings down my way first :lolbron:

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
i'm guessing most here know this, but i didn't and found it interesting

All a stock is worth is a company's future cash flows discounted to present value. Go look up the equation in google. The rate you see for discounting is set to the 10 year. Notice how the relationship is exponential. That's why small moves in the 10 year have exponential impacts on the valuations of stocks/companies. You're literally paying money to own a stock based on how valuable the perception is for a company's future cash flow. Change the rate up for discounting by a little bit and watch the value be dramatically reduced. It's fun to play around with in an excel sheet to see the ginormous impact a small change in the discount rate has on the the value for future cash flows. Firms literally program this stuff into their algos.

TMUBMUSD10Y | U.S. 10 Year Treasury Note Overview | MarketWatch

watching today

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They pushed the IPO back because they saw how much AirBnB and DD shot up after hitting the market.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not sure I believe RBLX is really a 30bn company - current mkt cap @ 45/share. That’s dumbass high, plus I’m reading there’s no employee lockup, so shares might pop and tank. Gonna wait on this one, if I invest

Disregard it was an amendment

Last edited:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I thought i saw that insiders and employees had a 180 day lockup.

ROBLOX CORPORATION AMENDED AND RESTATED INVESTORS’ RIGHTS AGREEMENT by...
There's no lockup:

None of our stockholders are party to any contractual lock-up agreement or other contractual restrictions on transfer. Following our listing, sales of substantial amounts of our Class A common stock in the public markets, or the perception that sales might occur, could cause the trading price of our Class A common stock to decline.

Amendment No. 4 to Form S-1