Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Written 3 weeks ago...

"As we have discussed, pledged securities present risks to corporate governance and share price. These are compounded for SPAC investors relying on the credibility SPAC sponsors and beneficial owners lend to already risky ventures. When these key investors pledge their ownership in a SPAC in exchange for financing, the risk associated with the SPAC investment is transferred to a financial institution...Pledged SPAC shares carry an increased risk of being exposed as unmet margin calls, as SPAC investments are often subject to share price volatility and are not guaranteed to be successful in the public market...Interestingly, all 10,000,000 of Clover Health shares beneficially owned by Palihapitiya – through ChaChaCha SPAC C LLC – have been pledged to Credit Suisse AG, New York Branch as collateral with respect to a loan agreement...Palihapitiya has pledged 100% of his shares that he directly beneficially owns in Virgin Galactic Holdings [NYSE: SPCE], another company taken public last year by a Palihapitiya-backed SPAC. This amounts to 2.95% of Virgin Galactic’s total shares outstanding – worth roughly $400 million. In the event of a default under the margin loan agreement for which the shares have been pledged as collateral, the holding party may foreclose upon any and all shares pledged and are entitled to seek recourse."

image-9.png

image-8.png

Pledged Securities in SPACs Pose Double Risk - Audit Analytics

:jbhmm::leon:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As far as chamath any VC acting like he is about the people and trying to get them paid is just running a long con. These dudes only worship money. He tries way to hard to act like he’s just one of the bros

the Bros are trying to get to the money also

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Chamath must’ve fukked his bytch :picard:

certain folks have been waiting for a long time to take a bite out of chamath...a lot of posts on reddit begin with “indian” this and “indian” that...I saw a lot of this same energy in crypto when it came to talking about projects that had black developers...I hate to go with that angle but that energy is definitely there...I’m not discrediting his point overall but I’ll continue to read and see if he has that same vitriol for mark cuban and elon musk

*edit*

I see he at least eventually called out dave portnoy by his name but none for the aforementioned names even tho they both have done this shyt repeatedly and are far bigger offenders than chamath p.

I looked at some of the other pieces she’s written so I can’t pretend her motivation is what I suspected now that I have a better “sense” of her but I still don’t get the double standard in calling out chamath p. but letting mark cuban and elon musk off the hook when they were doing the rounds too and just as visible if not more so...especially cuban

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I'm loaded up on call options on "travel" ETFs like JETS and AWAY, since I expect that people will be dying to travel once the vaccines really start to get going this Summer. Also have real estate related investments like SLG and VNO.

Anyone got any other ideas on how to bet on a COVID recovery? Any other areas that are beaten down and yet to recover to pre pandemic levels that should pop back up?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
@winb83 what do you think about altria as a long term dividend hold...I'm looking at ATT, Altria, and Exxon. Thinking about adding a dividend pie to M1 with those 3 companies along with SCHD as a dividend ETF or just going with VOO within the pie.

You have any other ideas I'm just trying to build that dividend pie within the M1 pie so that it can grow over time and I can slowly DCA in over time.
PPC Ian on YouTube used to always talk about Altria. It's a great dividend stock. High yield and a high growth rate. I guess the customer base is dwindling but they maximize on them anyway.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
PPC Ian on YouTube used to always talk about Altria. It's a great dividend stock. High yield and a high growth rate. I guess the customer base is dwindling but they maximize on them anyway.

yes thats what I was thinking less smokers but I can’t see any reason why they can’t/won’t jump into marijuana if it is legalized. They could almost buy a whole established cannibus company. I think they already own around half of cronos.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
@winb83 what do you think about altria as a long term dividend hold...I'm looking at ATT, Altria, and Exxon. Thinking about adding a dividend pie to M1 with those 3 companies along with SCHD as a dividend ETF or just going with VOO within the pie.

You have any other ideas I'm just trying to build that dividend pie within the M1 pie so that it can grow over time and I can slowly DCA in over time.
I also like VYM as a dividend ETF.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Agree 100% don't see how ppl don't see this.

Bezos sells 30% of his shares tomorrow morning, cnbc and stock twitter would be crazy all week :manny:
I mean Chamath ain't CEO but I don't see getting a pass for this. It's one thing to invest your own money in something and turn around and sell it when the heat is on. It's entirely another to take other people's money and invest it in something have the kitchen get hot and you running out while they're money is tied up in it still.

I don't really blame him for closing a position I'm just amazed at how bold it was. When you do something like this knowing you gonna be exposed for it and you still pull the trigger. On top of that this isn't the first time he got called out for selling some shares of the same company.

I always saw him as a flawed figure. I mean this is one of the people responsible for much of the most dangerous aspects of what Facebook has become. He speaks out against what he helped create. I mean it is what it is. Good wholesome people don't typically become billionaires. It takes a huge self-serving drive to make it that far. What he did with SPCE the typical billionaire probably would have done too.

Jeff Bezos had workers pissing in bottles then touching our packages cause they were too afraid the human act of relieving themselves in an actual bathroom would harm their productivity and have a negative impact on their job. He knew of this and didn't give a fukk. Those are the kinds of people that become billionaires.

Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Valley of the SUNS
Nasdaq futures getting pummeled...but I feel like Futures and After/Pre-Market hasn't really been predictive of the next days trend.

Is that true or am I suffering from recency bias?

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm loaded up on call options on "travel" ETFs like JETS and AWAY, since I expect that people will be dying to travel once the vaccines really start to get going this Summer. Also have real estate related investments like SLG and VNO.

Anyone got any other ideas on how to bet on a COVID recovery? Any other areas that are beaten down and yet to recover to pre pandemic levels that should pop back up?
Cruise Lines .. prices still mad low compared to before

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Nasdaq futures getting pummeled...but I feel like Futures and After/Pre-Market hasn't really been predictive of the next days trend.

Is that true or am I suffering from recency bias?

None of that matters at this point. You're better off gauging things during market hours.

Looks like buy the rumor sell the news for that stimulus package. I still think QQQ will gap fill around 278. SPY probably dropping to around 365 before bouncing back.