Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
if you wanted to play the reopen the right way (which i didn't really.. i sold many too early other than my M1 pie..) you'd have bought all these names at their lows in March and just held a year to March.

What i did was rolled most of my short term reopen gains (eri.. PLAY.. BA etc.) into names that i want to hold for the future but whether that works out for the better than just holding the reopen names we will see. The reopen plays now aren't a deal at all. They were wholesale last year. Now they are damn near overvalued.
I was looking at that yesterday. Like honestly with the most positive outcome how much can cruise lines and airlines run up?

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
$BMBL. To add to what I said earlier. I was watching Uncle Bruce earlier and someone asked him about it. I think he said in their underwriting they were valued around $40 a share but IPO's around $80 a few weeks ago and have been falling ever since.
How reliable is uncle Bruce, I only discovered him a couple of days ago. He seems to know his sh!t

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I was looking at that yesterday. Like honestly with the most positive outcome how much can cruise lines and airlines run up?

there is likely more room to run but how much ... i don't know and i don't personally like any of these companies outright or their business models so it's like i don't wanna be buying. it's a matter of time before they are dumped on retails head.

i'm sticking to the future. Might be the longer road for now but at least i like the companies. Anything "future" is being hated on right now as sell sell sell..

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
How reliable is uncle Bruce, I only discovered him a couple of days ago. He seems to know his sh!t
He used to be a trader and I think partner in his own firm. He's retired now and doesn't invest in anything just likes following and talking about the stock. I've been learning alot from him watching the past few days and he definitely knows his stuff.
It's hard to timestamp a live video but he talks about Bumble it at the 3:12:45 mark or try to find the point of this screenshot:
aOlURIc.png

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if you wanted to play the reopen the right way (which i didn't really.. i sold many too early other than my M1 pie..) you'd have bought all these names at their lows in March and just held a year to March.

What i did was rolled most of my short term reopen gains (eri.. PLAY.. BA etc.) into names that i want to hold for the future but whether that works out for the better than just holding the reopen names we will see. The reopen plays now aren't a deal at all. They were wholesale last year. Now they are damn near overvalued.
This.

So many good companies that I passed up on (looking back :snoop: ) because I figured the march lows
of 2020 would be around for a while.

So I ignored Disney, MGM, Ford (well not exactly great but still, it's tripled since then!), GME etc.
Many companies were on crazy discounts and several were directly related to the market having a down turn.

A year later anyone who did the research could've came up CRAZY in a year's time.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Rolled most of my TRIP calls into AWAY calls this morning.

I still say travel stocks are my favorite way to bet on a recovery.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
A year later anyone who did the research could've came up CRAZY in a year's time.
this always sounds good in hindsight, but last march, between the market selloff and then pandemic driven selloff, most people assumed we were heading into a long, deep recession, recovering like we did was unheard of. i mean eventually they would've come up, but it won't always be so quick. that uncertainty will always keep people on the sideline, it is what it is

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
this always sounds good in hindsight, but last march, between the market selloff and then pandemic driven selloff, most people assumed we were heading into a long, deep recession, recovering like we did was unheard of. i mean eventually they would've come up, but it won't always be so quick. that uncertainty will always keep people on the sideline, it is what it is
Exactly this. People were afraid to put their money in stock last March, especially when major Mkt Cap stocks were falling to single digits.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is true. I still bought during that period but I can totally understand why someone else
wouldn't have.