Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Ima go ahead and leave this here

Amazon back then would have been great for super long term investors, but it crashed over 90% from the dotcom bubble height:
Here's How Much Investing $1,000 In Amazon At Dot-Com Bubble Peak Would Be Worth Today (yahoo.com)

Amazon’s high watermark of the dot-com bubble was $113 back in 1999. When the bubble burst, Amazon traded all the way back down to $5.51 in late 2001.

Amazon shares peaked at $101.09 prior to the 2008 financial crisis, but only dropped as low as $34.68 during crisis sell-off.

It took Amazon roughly 10 years to regain all the value it lost following the bursting of the dot-com bubble, but the stock made it back to new all-time highs by late 2009. From that point forward, there was no looking back.

So if you bought in 1999 you eventually won...but it took you a long time to get there.

I remember after the dotcom crash when Futurama was making jokes that Amazon was a penny stock in the future:

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
Amazon back then would have been great for super long term investors, but it crashed over 90% from the dotcom bubble height:
Here's How Much Investing $1,000 In Amazon At Dot-Com Bubble Peak Would Be Worth Today (yahoo.com)

So if you bought in 1999 you eventually won...but it took you a long time to get there.

I remember after the dotcom crash when Futurama was making jokes that Amazon was a penny stock in the future:

Yeah those people that bought at the height def had to wait. But if they believed in their bull thesis they were ok

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
What city in this country is allowing 1000s of those things to fly around the air? What city is taking the risk that one of them malfunctions or crashes into a building/freeway and causes a catastrophe?

On top of that, how much is that shyt going to cost to ride plus where are they landing in a city? You would need a complete overhaul of infrastructure to find landing zones for them on basically every block to make them worthwhile and efficient.

they have years to figure it out.

in 2030 we gonna have 9billion people breh. i ain't saying it's gonna be a mainstream transportation. but i can see it happening in a heavily populated cities like Shanghai.

but back to the main point - full self driving ain't some gimmick. eventually it will be installed to all new modern cars to save lives. it will limit accidents. AI won't make human errors. i'll give it another 5 years.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
they have years to figure it out.

in 2030 we gonna have 9billion people breh. i ain't saying it's gonna be a mainstream transportation. but i can see it happening in a heavily populated cities like Shanghai.

but back to the main point - full self driving ain't some gimmick. eventually it will be installed to all new modern cars to save lives. it will limit accidents. AI won't make human errors. i'll give it another 5 years.
Five years?

513e410c-d622-4aa5-bc29-69e4b71269f9-img_5683.JPG

There is no way in hell it's taking off in the US in five years.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Ima go ahead and leave this here

Amazon fundamentally changed the way people shop. At the end of the day, Tesla is just a car. It isn't changing the way we drive and we're still a long way from self driving cars. There's just no way that's taking off in the US anytime soon. Unless it becomes mandated law in this country, I don't believe it'll be the main mode of transportation in our lifetimes.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Amazon fundamentally changed the way people shop. At the end of the day, Tesla is just a car. It isn't changing the way we drive and we're still a long way from self driving cars. There's just no way that's taking off in the US anytime soon. Unless it becomes mandated law in this country, I don't believe it'll be the main mode of transportation in our lifetimes.
Tesla might be just a car but when it comes to making electric cars they're ahead of their competitors. The question is how much marketshare does that lead buy them? How fast can Hyundai, Volkswagen, GM, Ford, Honda, and Toyota close that gap? We don't have the power infrastructure in the US to support mass market electric cars in high sales right now. In the time that takes to happen how close can the others get?

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
From today forward Tesla is barred from selling a single car. What happens to the business?

their cars generated 1.3 billion miles of data. so it's critical for them to keep selling cars. they will sell 700-800k cars this year. and most likely will blow past 1million cars next year.

if they can't sell cars then they would become a autonomy chip/robotaxi/battery/solar/hvac business. but they lose the cool factor and will lose the cult followers.