Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
What people needs to realize is that robotaxi/self-car driving industry will be a 5 trillion + industry. some say it will be a 10 trillion.

and that's why the valuation for TSLA can be justified. look at how Waymo can already begin a self driving service. it proves it can be done. There will be 5million Teslas on the road in next 5-6 years. that's an insane number of data power.

If you are investing in Tesla you are investing in the future. so fuk valuation. you are investing in how the world will change. It's gonna be all about the power of data. that's the TSLA bull thesis. it ain't nothing to do with the car itself anymore.
If TSLA’s valuation is justified to you, that means multiple years worth of growth is priced in, thus people not jumping on it, the shyt is due to trade sideways, or pull back as it has, given there’s nothing else left to drive growth for like a decade.

I don’t know, TSLA had a magical 2 yrs but I’m not sure jumping on TSLA this year is a the best move if you’re looking for growth. Then add to the fact it invested in BTC which brings about even more volatility and uncertainty...I’d rate it a hold right now

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
If TSLA’s valuation is justified to you, that means multiple years worth of growth is priced in, thus people not jumping on it, the shyt is due to trade sideways, or pull back as it has, given there’s nothing else left to drive growth for like a decade.

I don’t know, TSLA had a magical 2 yrs but I’m not sure jumping on TSLA this year is a the best move if you’re looking for growth. Then add to the fact it invested in BTC which brings about even more volatility and uncertainty...I’d rate it a hold right now

i got my position built. i'll buy the dip like past few days, but i won't be buying over $800. so yes, it's a hold for me.

looking at the company i just think they are just getting started. there are many catalysts short term to move up the price, so i do recommend it for anyone who can hold the stock for a year or two. it's actually a strong buy because with the announcement of cybertruck/roadster/25k car/new factories/newly improved battery range/750k production for 2021 etc, etc.

and i'm a strong believer in bitcoin, so it will help the company alot in my opinion. just like BTC, i feel like it's all about building the position ASAP and hold. get in under $800 and sit back and relax. don't touch it at least 2026.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i got my position built. i'll buy the dip like past few days, but i won't be buying over $800. so yes, it's a hold for me.

looking at the company i just think they are just getting started. there are many catalysts short term to move up the price, so i do recommend it for anyone who can hold the stock for a year or two. it's actually a strong buy because with the announcement of cybertruck/roadster/25k car/new factories/newly improved battery range/750k production for 2021 etc, etc.

and i'm a strong believer in bitcoin, so it will help the company alot in my opinion. just like BTC, i feel like it's all about building the position ASAP and hold. get in under $800 and sit back and relax. don't touch it at least 2026.
all of that is priced in...it's how the stock ran up from 400-damn near 900 in jan

and BTC is volatile as fukk, not too many people want to buy an expensive stock so ahead of its valuation and have it be subject to the whims of BTC.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's endlessly pumped by all these Youtubers too, especially that Chicken Soup guy. The stock trades 5-6x Apple even though Apple's worth more as a company.
Stock price is irrelevant in regards to the value of a company. Apple market cap is almost 4x tesla. Tesla just has a smaller amount of total shares.

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
So how do the robotaxis impact Tesla's car sales. If more people drive in taxi's then less people actually need to own Tesla cars. Google is about data, Facebook is about data. All their products mostly exist to harvest data. Tesla is still about cars. Even if they make cars to harvest data those cars are expensive to make.

I'm more into buying Tesla because of the first mover advantage and their cult.
You haven't done enough research.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
this was built 3-4 years ago. :gucci:

i'll give it 10 years.

What city in this country is allowing 1000s of those things to fly around the air? What city is taking the risk that one of them malfunctions or crashes into a building/freeway and causes a catastrophe?

On top of that, how much is that shyt going to cost to ride plus where are they landing in a city? You would need a complete overhaul of infrastructure to find landing zones for them on basically every block to make them worthwhile and efficient.

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
SEC.gov | SEC Suspends Trading in Multiple Issuers Based on Social Media and Trading Activity

SEC Suspends Trading in Multiple Issuers Based on Social Media and Trading Activity
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2021-35

Washington D.C., Feb. 26, 2021 —

As part of its continuing effort to respond to potential attempts to exploit investors during the recent market volatility, the Securities and Exchange Commission today suspended trading in the securities of 15 companies because of questionable trading and social media activity.

Today's action follows the recent suspensions of the securities of numerous other issuers, many of which may also have been targets of apparent social media attempts to artificially inflate their stock price. The SEC continues to review market and trading data to identify other securities where the public interest and the protection of investors require trading suspensions.

"The SEC's recent suspensions of trading in nearly two dozen securities – including 15 today – are one facet of our ongoing efforts to police the market and protect investors," said Melissa Hodgman, Acting Director of the SEC's Division of Enforcement. "We proactively monitor for suspicious trading activity tied to stock promotions on social media, and act quickly to stop that trading when appropriate to safeguard the public interest. We also remind investors to exercise caution and do their diligence before investing generally, including in companies promoted on social media."

Today's order states that trading is being suspended because of questions about recent increased activity and volatility in the trading of these issuers, as well as the influence of certain social media accounts on that trading activity. The order also states that none of the issuers has filed any information with the SEC or OTC Markets, where the companies' securities are quoted, for over a year. As a result, the SEC suspended trading in the securities of: Bebida Beverage Co. (BBDA); Blue Sphere Corporation (BLSP); Ehouse Global Inc. (EHOS); Eventure Interactive Inc. (EVTI); Eyes on the Go Inc. (AXCG); Green Energy Enterprises Inc. (GYOG); Helix Wind Corp. (HLXW); International Power Group Ltd. (IPWG); Marani Brands Inc. (MRIB); MediaTechnics Corp. (MEDT); Net Talk.com Inc. (NTLK); Patten Energy Solutions Group Inc. (PTTN); PTA Holdings Inc. (PTAH); Universal Apparel & Textile Company (DKGR); and Wisdom Homes of America Inc. (WOFA).

The SEC also recently issued orders temporarily suspending trading in: Bangi Inc. (BNGI); Sylios Corp. (UNGS); Marathon Group Corp. (PDPR); Affinity Beverage Group Inc. (ABVG); All Grade Mining Inc. (HYII); and SpectraScience Inc. (SCIE). Each of these orders stated that the suspensions were due at least in part to questions about whether social media accounts have been attempting to artificially increase the companies' share price.

Under the federal securities laws, the SEC can suspend trading in a stock for 10 days and generally prohibit a broker-dealer from soliciting investors to buy or sell the stock again until certain reporting requirements are met.

The SEC's Office of Investor Education and Advocacy recently alerted investors to the significant risks of making investment decisions based on social media.