Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
damn breh, you've been going hard on kobe :heh:

you think they can keep cranking out these shows? I mean mad men and breaking bad are probably my favorite shows. what happens if they have another fight with the cable or satellite companies? going to depend on netflix? the valuation seems a little rich for me though.

lol I've taken a break from the stock market after some bad option trades so I channeled my inner sport buff. I never shoulda dabbled with short term options...KKD crossing 20. I'd be laughing right now :snoop:. I fukk with Kob but the way they dikkride him out there :childplease:

Anyways, as far as AMCX peep whats below:

http://pdfuploader.com/uppdfs/830/Equity_Research_-_AMCX.pdf

Cash flow is robust
Revenues and margins keep improving
And the firm is committed to turning all of its networks into viable, popular channels. Sundance is up next.

Currently trading at 16 x Forward EPS and I dont think thats expensive considering thats the average amongst media conglomerates such as CBS, Viacom and Discovery (as well as network operators like Scripps or Shaw Comm.). I think the growth opportunities extend beyond 2014 and in the distant future who knows maybe an acquisition or merger occurs.

As far as disputes with cable companies meh...I dont see another long term dispute occuring. The one with Dish Network was resolved pretty quickly and apparently only lingered due to an underlying law dispute. Low Winter Sun up next...we'll see if it can replace Breaking Bad and at this point i think the reputation has been developed. If AMC comes out with new series...people WILL watch. and if they randomly turn on their tv to see AMC is gone, they will angrily call their cable providers. Theres more in the report and that i havent said though.

They havent even developed their daytime televison yet.

Dr Dre's ProductionSkills

Hutch, yella, Mel-man, Daz, Mike Elizondo
Daps
Reppin
NULL
better get long now...

we gonna get a pullback to like 1630 but thats last stop before mid 1700s..

look at russell 2000.... thats tellin you all you need to know...

upro and tna are your friends...

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
better get long now...

we gonna get a pullback to like 1630 but thats last stop before mid 1700s..

look at russell 2000.... thats tellin you all you need to know...

upro and tna are your friends...

I like this call I've been going long the past couple weeks. I'm digging the going 200% long s&p. If the vix gets any lower I might have to buy some calls again for downside protection.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like this call I've been going long the past couple weeks. I'm digging the going 200% long s&p. If the vix gets any lower I might have to buy some calls again for downside protection.

i honestly dont think this thing breaks 1630...

i like the indexes line upro or tna.. they suck of course cause of the options burn and if your on the wrong side you will get raped.. i remember being on the worng side of faz , fas and srs in 2010...lol. but if your discipline and have tight stops you should be alright

my stops are 1600...

i think mid 1700s for sn p and 1100 for russell...

again ive learned that for easier money to do the indexes rather than stock picking

plenty of laggards that i want to get back into like slb , joy, cat, mtw... but sometimes they lag or dont go with the jump ala cat and joy... mtw does do nicley though...

during this run i like google to run to like 1200.... i wish i wouldve had the balls to buy during this last drop to 860... and if i wasnt so goddawm underwater on apple i think im just gonna have to toss the idea of going wtih googs and hope apple gets into the high 500s so i can finally dump it...

i really think alot of companies are gonna beat this earning season... i think 3rd quarter earnings might suck but the bernake will come thruogh with qe forever which should get us to super highs...

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
i honestly dont think this thing breaks 1630...

my stops are 1600...

i think mid 1700s for sn p and 1100 for russell...

again ive learned that for easier money to do the indexes rather than stock picking

plenty of laggards that i want to get back into like slb , joy, cat, mtw... but sometimes they lag or dont go with the jump ala cat and joy... mtw does do nicley though...

during this run i like google to run to like 1200.... i wish i wouldve had the balls to buy during this last drop to 860... and if i wasnt so goddawm underwater on apple i think im just gonna have to toss the idea of going wtih googs and hope apple gets into the high 500s so i can finally dump it...

i really think alot of companies are gonna beat this earning season... i think 3rd quarter earnings might suck but the bernake will come thruogh with qe forever which should get us to super highs...

when you say break 1630, you mean like support levels?

i don't think google will touch 1000 anytime soon. let alone 1200.

i loved apple too and i still think it's undervalued at these levels. they have an insane balance sheet.

i think earnings will be good this quarter and bernanke will keep the tap flowing.....the market pulled back about 5% at the mere mention of tapering. and the fed backed down.

i'm telling you if the S&P Vix gets much lower than 14 start buying calls.

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
i bought bac around 11.50 and i'm still holding it. I mentioned it in this thread.

AIG is like the biggest holding among hedge funds. you should of gone bought aig in january.

:ohlawd: I know I was late

All will be forgotten when it goes to 400 in 10 years :birdman:

How many shares do u have in BOA? I got 75.......... Should I still buy more even at 13 or wait for it to go back down into 12?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
when you say break 1630, you mean like support levels?

i don't think google will touch 1000 anytime soon. let alone 1200.

i loved apple too and i still think it's undervalued at these levels. they have an insane balance sheet.

i think earnings will be good this quarter and bernanke will keep the tap flowing.....the market pulled back about 5% at the mere mention of tapering. and the fed backed down.

i'm telling you if the S&P Vix gets much lower than 14 start buying calls.

yeah 1630 support.. for sure 1600 holds imo

if the snp and russell jump up i think tech leads the way.. im amazed and so DISSAPOINTED that google has went up while appl has fallen this whole time

i do think apple is gonna start killin it but for me its a bridge too far cause im undewater and would rather drop coin on other things than chase appl...

in fact i like some banks boa actually sounds really good.. thats a 20 dollar stock easy... aig citi those guys are def gonna run... loll amazing...

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
yeah 1630 support.. for sure 1600 holds imo

if the snp and russell jump up i think tech leads the way.. im amazed and so DISSAPOINTED that google has went up while appl has fallen this whole time

i do think apple is gonna start killin it but for me its a bridge too far cause im undewater and would rather drop coin on other things than chase appl...

in fact i like some banks boa actually sounds really good.. thats a 20 dollar stock easy... aig citi those guys are def gonna run... loll amazing...

i didn't realize goog is at 900 they're like apple from last year.

i like financials. aig is like the biggest holding of hedge funds right now. so make sure they hold onto it. insurance and banks should do real well if the US economy recovers.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
As far as laggards I'm looking at Qualcomm

i like this company just based on their balance sheet. what do they do exactly? I was reading a little on the company and what the hell is
Qualcomm is engaged in design, manufacture, have manufactured on its behalf and market digital communications products and services based on code division multiple access (CDMA), Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDMA) and other technologies.

circuits and software?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i didn't realize goog is at 900 they're like apple from last year.

i like financials. aig is like the biggest holding of hedge funds right now. so make sure they hold onto it. insurance and banks should do real well if the US economy recovers.

yeah ive read a bunch of places that life ins companues is where its at even morseo than banks..

prob gonna do a little rsearch on those for this month cause i honestly think july and aug are gonna be a slow grind up... i think this fall we might get a scare and bernake comes in for the resuce...

but yeah banks and ins companies are lookin really good.. they win if the economy recovers and they win if it dont (aka qe forever) pretty good racket .lol

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
:ohlawd: I know I was late

All will be forgotten when it goes to 400 in 10 years :birdman:

How many shares do u have in BOA? I got 75.......... Should I still buy more even at 13 or wait for it to go back down into 12?

I only own 50 shares. I've been using my money on speculating on options. I don't know it gets in the mid 13s and doesn't seem to break above it. I've heard people say its going to 20. If housing keeps doing well, BAC will do well. If it hits 12 again I'd definitely buy more.