Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
if you got profit, take it. this and CCIV are the only two spacs i'm holding for years post merger :manny:

that said, like folks warned, we were entering a spac bubble plus the correction - spacs aren't built for a bear market. i don't expect them to pop until we get a surge in the markets or more news/catalysts move them.

The SPAC bubble is real, but I’m a big believer in both Lucid and SoFi so I’m looking forward to seeing these in my portfolio for the next few years. Was never planning on trading CCIV, although I didn’t see this big of a drop coming upon the announcement.

SoFi acquiring Galileo let me know where their head’s at for where they see the future of the company going. They don’t wanna be a lender they’re gearing up to be a challenger bank. I’m In.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
GME +20% and pumpin today :russ: I wanted to buy some at 45 but missed the boat and it's at 54 now :wow:
Hope for bagholders is such a cruel thing :mjcry:

EDIT : but in all honesty, the 4h and Daily charts look good for a move up :ehh:
Damn I'm furious for missing that one out. Instead of typing I should have bought :beli:
if you got profit, take it. this and CCIV are the only two spacs i'm holding for years post merger :manny:

that said, like folks warned, we were entering a spac bubble plus the correction - spacs aren't built for a bear market. i don't expect them to pop until we get a surge in the markets or more news/catalysts move them.
Good advice. I dont have enough funds yet to hold some for it so Ill most likely get out this week.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
:ehh: this advice actually fire lol

Learned the hard way. I dont scalp no more I buy dips

I had many 100% gainers, but at the end of the day i threw all the profits away. and most importantly i lost a precious time to build the position.

i learned the hard way too.

in a day trade you win some, you lose some. but in a long term investing YOU ALMOST ALWAYS WIN if you pick a right company.

I stopped what i was doing and bought more TSLA in $700 range presplit to double up position. the best investment decision i've ever made.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
SPACs all operate the same way regardless of what the company is.. there is the initial pump on Acquisition and then a sell off and then another pump closer to the merger date.

SoFi and Lucid weren't going to operate any differently. They can be great companies, doesn't matter there is still the typical SPAC pattern.

I can't stress enough how important it is to get these at a low cost basis, u are eliminating all or nearly all of the risk.. you know where the floor is.

In a bear market it is even more imperative to get in early. If you are chasing, it's like anything else.. the risk increases dramatically.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
big money don't day trade.
make 100% in a day is not better than making 100% in a year.

in 1 year you have an opportunity to build your position.
in 1 year you have a less chance to lose your profits since you aren't day trading away the profits.
in 1 year you pay much less taxes(for most people).

:shaq:
:hubie:
That's subjective some people here clearing way more in a week / month than most of us will make annually. If you know, you know

At the end of the day, it's about respecting / learning various approaches and making money.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
gotta love these earnings selloffs...TDOC kills it and down $16 :heh:

Q4: - Revs +145% YOY to $383.3M -- 1.5% beat - Total visits +139% to 3M - US members +41% to 51.8M - 67.2% gross margin +4.4% - 13.1% Adj. EBITDA margin +12.2% YOY
Q1 guide: - $445M to $455M in Revs vs. $446M expected - $45M to $48M in Adj. EBITDA vs. $10.7M

edit: fukk it, i'm buying