Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
big money don't day trade.
make 100% in a day is not better than making 100% in a year.

in 1 year you have an opportunity to build your position.
in 1 year you have aless chance to lose your profits since you aren't day trading away the profits.
in 1 year you pay much less taxes(for most people).

:shaq:
:ehh: this advice actually fire lol

Learned the hard way. I dont scalp no more I buy dips

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
So, 2/2 today. another ~400 buck day. I wish this was real money.

Tho I will admit, the last option trade I probably held on for way too long. I was down 400 or so bucks on the option at one point. Got frustrated with charting time frames (still trying to figure out whats best for me) but I just stuck with it. The candles never closed below the adjacent MA(s) acting as support and the 20 never went below the 50.

Luckily, tesla rallied within the past 30 mins and my call option was in the money buy a few dollars.
what resource did you roll with to get started with charting?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
They are supposed to be "safer" than investing in these high risk companies directly.. a fund shouldn't be seeing so much outflow in a single day over $400M yesterday
i agree, the outflow yesterday was a concern, but they're invested in the companies that got hammered and people pulled their money...and they are safer than direct investment given your money is spread out - betting 10k on ARKG is safer than throwing 10k at RHBBY alone, that doesn't make it a safe fund when given they're heavily invested in high risk, speculative, pre earnings companies as well as some high growth, yet volatile large caps.