Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
my $DIS holdings :whew:
found-gold.gif

Spree At Last

All Star
Daps
JMIA earnings not impressive enough for me to re-enter at this point... They're still losing $2 for every $1 profit and the pandemic hasn't helped them out compared to other ecommerce companies because Africa hasn't had too many lockdowns. The biggest bright spot is increased jumia pay adoption, if they can start generating income from that then I'd definitely be more interested. Of course there are still big potential catalysts like a buyout from Amazon or alibaba, but too risky for me right now

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Props. I try to dig in and sift through the noise when I invest into a company. After digging in more on BlackSky, I ended up putting in a limit order for warrants of the stock (price was around $3.56) I'm willing to take the risk that this company will grow in the coming years.
:what:
I set my limit order at $3.40 to buy 300 warrants of this, check my Schwab account again, and it only purchased 17.
:dwillhuh:

EDIT: Now it's at $3.65

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Special Edition: Will ARK Invest Blow Up?

"ARK’s illiquid holdings are problematic because if ARK ever faced outflows, or the threat of potential outflows, hedge funds could take predatory short positions in ARK’s illiquid holdings and create a performance death spiral. A review of ARK’s illiquid holdings shows that could be happening.

Below is a table with ARK’s 13 most concentrated holdings. On average they were down 7.5% yesterday and down 9.5% today.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F37a17869-29f5-4722-b7c9-69dc8730e3f6_1160x730.png

This very much creates a self-fulfilling prophecy. Investors who see bad performance may sell ARK ETFs, stop buying ARK ETFs, or short ARK ETFs. This pressure can cause the ETF to trade below NAV, which leads to “redemptions” as ETF arbitrageurs exchange the ETF for the underlying holdings and then sell the underlying holdings. This leads to further bad performance. (Read about how ETF arbitrage/redemptions work here.)

ARK Invest has no chief risk officer on its website. ARK’s chief operating officer is Tom Staudt. According to Mr. Staudt’s LinkedIn, prior to joining ARK, he was the account executive at WILX-TV, a local station for Lansing, Michigan. "

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
JMIA earnings not impressive enough for me to re-enter at this point... They're still losing $2 for every $1 profit and the pandemic hasn't helped them out compared to other ecommerce companies because Africa hasn't had too many lockdowns. The biggest bright spot is increased jumia pay adoption, if they can start generating income from that then I'd definitely be more interested. Of course there are still big potential catalysts like a buyout from Amazon or alibaba, but too risky for me right now
Jmia’s valuation was never healthy :heh:

I could have told you that. But who’s to say 3-5 years from now.

My cost basis is stupid low. So I can wait it out.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
:what:
I set my limit order at $3.40 to buy 300 warrants of this, check my Schwab account again, and it only purchased 17.
:dwillhuh:

EDIT: Now it's at $3.65
that's common with limit orders, if there's a big gap in the bid/ask it's hard to match you to a seller, then if the price action is moving a lot, you may miss a fill or miss on some of the shares. just let it ride for a few hours, if the price is steadily higher in a few hours, move your limit price up