Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm not claiming he isn't a great investor. Obviously he is great and believes in value investing. It's just very obvious that he is a boomer and his worldview prevents him from seeing additional opportunities.

My comment is my disappointment in him investing in big oil. Climate crisis mean anything to him?
Also, my disappointment is also that he is always late to the party on tech or just never gets it. He was late to the party on Apple, never got it on Google, and had to be convinced by others that Amazon was a solid choice
He's doing fine for himself. There's younger people at the firm that handle the stuff he's too old to recognize. He's no boomer either. Boomers are in their 60s and 70s. He's Silent Generation at 90 years old.

Realistically a 90 year old man ain't gonna be up on all that new style investing.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
matterport is the best VR/3D virtual tour software in the market, used it to sell my place. i just wonder what the cap is for it as a standalone company, it's pretty niche. seems like a company Autodesk or a Real Estate tech platform should've acquired
Not sure if i dropped this vid here or not, but I'm all in.

@LeVraiPapi gave it the cosign as well.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I hope for $100...don't want to get greedy...this mf'er cannot lose right now ... right now
I mean.....................when BTC pulls back, all the stocks associated with it will pull back including RIOT and MARA

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Watch your account and the market too much=over trading

My ETrade from about April-October last year has the same thing

There's an art to trading.....It's about finding your groove and what works for you......

Don't ever overcommit to one stock and get out early.........

Also knowing when the market is not in a good time period for trading......like a few weeks ago when almost everything took a hit because of GME.....

There will be some losses, but you can definitely control them.

Raise your hand if you had a green day today......................:lawd:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
interesting, my manager just plugged me on MMEX, but i saw some shady shyt about it so am not in, interesting this so-called penny god is in
What else did your manager give your that's not shady? :mjgrin:

AWLgiNR.png

Notley

Pro
Daps
I never really sat back and thought how even someone like me factors into that equation. It's unfair to them that I could do that simply for having more than they do while they have to struggle and work to get that.

A single day for me being more than a month for them. I didn't do anything special to earn that while they sold their lives away for such an amount.

While I do my job someone else who does nothing probably generates my annual income in a week.

Most folks are socialized to be fearful of the market.

I had a realization last week. I was raised by my grandparents in South Los Angeles. My grandmother would sit in the living room, and watch the news. Every time I approached the door to leave she would stop me and point out the local news story about someone getting shot, robbed or hurt. Those experiences taught me how to see pass the fear mongering that drives local news.

However, it wasn’t until recently that I realized that the same fear monger is reflected in the stock market news. I had long learned to recognize the news tricks, but I did realize that they were doing the same things with the market news.

The news makes you think stocks are scary: “Dow drops 600 points on vaccine fears;” “The markets are rattled by the upcoming election: down 2%;” “Apple lost $2 billion last year. Stock could crater.”

If you don’t know anything, you don’t know that they are talking out their azz, and don’t have a clue as to why the market is moving downward. Besides, the daily fluctuations aren’t newsworthy. I guess it would be boring to lead with this daily: “The Fed-fueled bull market continues.”

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Most folks are socialized to be fearful of the market.

I had a realization last week. I was raised by my grandparents in South Los Angeles. My grandmother would sit in the living room, and watch the news. Every time I approached the door to leave she would stop me and point out the local news story about someone getting shot, robbed or hurt. Those experiences taught me how to see pass the fear mongering that drives local news.

However, it wasn’t until recently that I realized that the same fear monger is reflected in the stock market news. I had long learned to recognize the news tricks, but I did realize that they were doing the same things with the market news.

The news makes you think stocks are scary: “Dow drops 600 points on vaccine fears;” “The markets are rattled by the upcoming election: down 2%;” “Apple lost $2 billion last year. Stock could crater.”

If you don’t know anything, you don’t know that they are talking out their azz, and don’t have a clue as to why the market is moving downward. Besides, the daily fluctuations aren’t newsworthy. I guess it would be boring to lead with this daily: “The Fed-fueled bull market continues.”
tenor.gif

I've always been a political science junky, so seeing how political theater influences the market made interrupting stock market news rather easy . Companies have a lot of internal politics. Just given my background of government & politics, I understand how a lot bs is layered in fancy names to scare people.

A key thing everyone should remind themselves on a red day. Stock price movement is not indicative of company performance but future projections along with complex manipulation. When you realize that a lot of market is driven by algorithms it'll make you shake your head even more, but that's just it, it's not worth shaking your head over. It's not as logical as it seems.