Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
So much fail in this post.

A loan at 11.19% :picard:. That's a sign right there that he shouldnt have gone through with it.
Then he bought at $234 a share.

But damn what of loan officer approved of this shyt :dahell:

How fukked up does someones credit have to be, to be given a loan at 11.19%

shyt like this is why i frown on any pump and dump schemes and anyone penny stocking, especially in this thread. Theres only a handful of people that can navigate that shyt properly (@Doomsday comes to mind) and the other 98% of people get fukked. Its literally just not worth it. 4x, 40x, doesnt matter. The risk is way too damn high.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

I never invested into CCIV because I saw some fundamentally troubling shyt, during a CNBC special on them. I'm ok with missing on the Lucid train, but they need for a lot of things to go right. Also I don't like the whole mimicking tesla lane.

They should try to be their own entity, not follow Tesla's blueprint to a tee.....

With that said, I hope everyone here makes money with them but I'm cool on that train for now.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
shyt like this is why i frown on any pump and dump schemes and anyone penny stocking, especially in this thread. Theres only a handful of people that can navigate that shyt properly (@Doomsday comes to mind) and the other 98% of people get fukked. Its literally just not worth it. 4x, 40x, doesnt matter. The risk is way too damn high.
I hear ya, I keep a very small portion of my profile in penny stocks. I mainly focus on going long, with some swings mixed in.

Some of the peeps in discord have done REALLY well. So who am I to say otherwise.

With that said, Pennies and options aren't for new comers or even people who don't have the time monitor the minute by minute action.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Not sure if I posted this video in here:

Cliff notes:
-Not enough fast charging EV stations in the US
-SBE / Chargepoint is garbage because while their machines are plentiful in the US, they are slow charging
-It's easier and quicker to charge from 0 to 50% then it is to charge from 50% to 100%
-Tesla makes the best supercharging EV stations, but there's only 975 stations. Tesla would need to make 31k stations.
-Tesla supercharging stations cost a quarter mil a pop.
-Tesla would have to spend another 8 Billion upgrading the EV infrastructure.
-There's no uniformity among car chargers in the US like the EU.

Remember Americans are entitled as fukk, with big egos and hate waiting.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
GameStop Investors Who Bet Big—and Lost Big

"Salvador Vergara was so enthusiastic about GameStop Corp. GME 2.54% in late January that he took out a $20,000 personal loan and used it to purchase shares. Then the buzzy stock plunged nearly 80%...He didn’t want to touch his index-fund investments, so instead he got a personal loan with an 11.19% interest rate from a credit union and used it to fund most of his GameStop purchase. He bought shares at $234 each."

:pachaha::huhldup:
That guy is a fool. You don't borrow money directly on personal loans to invest. Really you only invest what you could lose and still be ok. Gamestop is probably never gonna get back to those levels. He's paying interest on his loses.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
So much fail in this post.

A loan at 11.19% :picard:. That's a sign right there that he shouldnt have gone through with it.
Then he bought at $234 a share.

But damn what of loan officer approved of this shyt :dahell:

How fukked up does someones credit have to be, to be given a loan at 11.19%

maybe the loan duration is like 10 years, so he doesn't pay high monthly payment? :jbhmm:

but stuff like this will set a person back financially a good 4-5 years. :snoop:

Last edited:

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
That guy is a fool. You don't borrow money directly on personal loans to invest. Really you only invest what you could lose and still be ok. Gamestop is probably never gonna get back to those levels. He's paying interest on his loses.

reminded me of this

it was actually a great decision,

BUT
and i guarantee they panicked and prolly sold for a little profit or a massive loss :mjlol:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I have just confirmed by thesis that most traders have zero empathy for the poor :francis:.

The "If I can do it, why can't you" crowd is some of the most ignorant people that I have ever witnessed.

Tunnel Vision and Greed:francis:
Ehh, it could be more selection bias of who previously was the investing class. But with the surge of retail investors, I see a lot of poor/use to be poor, working and regular ass middle class people investing who still have empathy. Event them WSB dudes were using gains to buy games, food, etc for kids in hospitals. I think there are a lot more empathetic investors than there used to be.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I have just confirmed by thesis that most traders have zero empathy for the poor :francis:.

The "If I can do it, why can't you" crowd is some of the most ignorant people that I have ever witnessed.

Tunnel Vision and Greed:francis:
I've been watching a lot of documentaries on inequity and inequality lately too.

Both sides don't understand each other. The people at the bottom don't understand money and capitalism and the people at the top can't phathom what it's like to be poor.

I think both sides, work really hard. If that makes sense.

Some rich / wealthy people work damn near 24/7. Meanwhile so do some poor people. There's a stereotype that both sides, sit on their ass and take, take, take from society. The real difference is wealthy people have a better handle on how money and opportunity works.

This 3 part series does a great job of breaking this down. Funny thing, gentrification which we complain about in the US, is literally happening all over the world. People in Germany are going through this too:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I have a lot of empathy.. i remember how hard my parents had to work and they both broke the cycle. but i'd be lying if i said my main focus isn't on my future and my own family... i would love to be in a position to help others more and i do what i can for charity and people i know who are struggling..

My concern is if we lose everything, nobody gonna have our back so we gotta make it ourselves.