Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I have a lot of empathy.. i remember how hard my parents had to work and they both broke the cycle. but i'd be lying if i said my main focus isn't on my future and my own family... i would love to be in a position to help others more and i do what i can for charity and people i know who are struggling..

My concern is if we lose everything, nobody gonna have our back so we gotta make it ourselves.
Exactly can't help others until you're self sufficient yourself.

Of course, I'll always be open and in a position to share "knowledge", when applicable.

My only real priority right now making sure my immediate fam is straight. It's takes a lot to break generational habits, but I got my brother invested. His kids are interested investing, but my fam still has a serious spending problem. Too much money is made, for my immediate fam to not be more well off, asset wise, outside of a 401k.

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
Ehh, it could be more selection bias of who previously was the investing class. But with the surge of retail investors, I see a lot of poor/use to be poor, working and regular ass middle class people investing who still have empathy. Event them WSB dudes were using gains to buy games, food, etc for kids in hospitals. I think there are a lot more empathetic investors than there used to be.

That saga was the only time I have seen evidence of people still being humble while making millions. Any other time it's "work hard and you will get the results you want" ,or "poor people just need to change their mindset", as if it is that simple.

I would love to hear more stories of people not changing up when they become rich and remembering where they came from and actually helping each other out.

I've been watching a lot of documentaries on inequity and inequality lately too.

Both sides don't understand each other. The people at the bottom don't understand money and capitalism and the people at the top can't phathom what it's like to be poor.

I think both sides, work really hard. If that makes sense.

Some rich / wealthy people work damn near 24/7. Meanwhile so do some poor people. There's a stereotype that both sides, sit on their ass and take, take, take from society. The real difference is wealthy people have a better handle on how money and opportunity works.

This 3 part series does a great job of breaking this down. Funny thing, gentrification which we complain about in the US, is literally happening all over the world. People in Germany are going through this too:

Thank you for that first video breh, just got finish watching the whole thing. That black guy from Brooklyn was speaking facts. My view and his align. My point from my original post is the people who found a way to break it out of poverty, need to stop looking down on others. To stop thinking everyone conditions and struggle is the same as you. I just been annoyed the last few weeks cause the combination of Dave Ramsey ignorance, some traders, minimum wage talk, and the government/wall st.

Too much greed and ignorance everywhere.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
That saga was the only time I have seen evidence of people still being humble while making millions. Any other time it's "work hard and you will get the results you want" ,or "poor people just need to change their mindset", as if it is that simple.

I would love to hear more stories of people not changing up when they become rich and remembering where they came from and actually helping each other out.

Thank you for that first video breh, just got finish watching the whole thing. That black guy from Brooklyn was speaking facts. My view and his align. My point from my original post is the people who found a way to break it out of poverty, need to stop looking down on others. To stop thinking everyone conditions and struggle is the same as you. I just been annoyed the last few weeks cause the combination of Dave Ramsey ignorance, some traders, minimum wage talk, and the government/wall st.

Too much greed and ignorance everywhere.
This country is ran by greed breh:wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Some rich / wealthy people work damn near 24/7. Meanwhile so do some poor people. There's a stereotype that both sides, sit on their ass and take, take, take from society. The real difference is wealthy people have a better handle on how money and opportunity works.
Work for wealthy people is different than work for others. When you can afford to do whatever you want with your life it's not the same kinda thing as doing what you have to do to survive and hating it every day.

My guess is if you polled both the wealthy and the poor you'll find the wealthy have a much higher enjoyment of the actual day to day work they do than the poor do. Also much of the wealthy get to work on their own terms. Poor and middle class people often times go to work and get told what to do and how to do it and many times don't agree with one, the other, or both of those instructions.

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Is anyone else investing in QQQJ? I’m thinking about making it it 10% of my ETF portfolio.

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I have just confirmed by thesis that most traders have zero empathy for the poor :francis:.

The "If I can do it, why can't you" crowd is some of the most ignorant people that I have ever witnessed.

Tunnel Vision and Greed:francis:
the reality of our system is capital investment collapses if ROI falls below a pretty high threshold. That's going to force empathy out the window as people cover their own asses.

Business cycles have been good the past how every many decades because profits have been high. Enter underconsumption. Well we're not giving up our profit so lets come up with some new debt devices and credit structures so you have that 300k house and 30k car on your shyt wages. shyt still aint staving off the natural contradictions and crises of capitalism so enter the money printers, proping up the economy with the state, and moving to someplace new where ROI is high.

Capital needs a certain ROI to actually function, a system is based on infinite growth on a finite planet. It's a cancer. If people can stay balanced and not poison their minds by actually believing in the duck tales behind capital I think they would have a distinct advantage in playing the stock market all other things being equal. Idk.. back to penny stonk DD

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Has anyone looked at SCVX, they are one of the very first cyber security focused spac out on the market right now.

This podcast is old/the update is toward the end. Apprently they are in the ninth inning.