Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
MOST of the people investing in the stock market rn aren't doing it with funds from the government. That may have been the catalyst to get them in the game though. Why do you think they'll leave? RobinHood fukked 100's of thousands of people over on a Wednesday and the next day they had their highest download day ever. I expect a correction, not a crash.

I agree. Might have slight dips here and there like we have been but doubt there's gonna be a major crash. So much money has been made in the market this year and people that never even invested in anything are realizing how easy it is to do. The game done changed and people got smarter. People likely gonna take profits and wait for the market to finish correcting or the next play to come in. Don't think you can compare this to the 07/08 era crash or the 1929 crash or any other cuz of how much money has been flowing into the market this past year or so. Best thing to do is trust in your long term plays and keep a close eye on your riskier ones when they go up and only invest in what you feel is comfortable. Over time things would get back to going up again.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yep it's clear as day at this point people who are putting money into stocks and crypto are using government money and when that shyt stops things are going to get ugly. I've only been investing in the stock market since last year january when everyone thought ww3 was going to pop off :mjlol: but i've been in the crypto game since ico's days back in 2017 and back then you had literally scam project doing 10x-40x during that bull run and during that time everyone and their mom where crypto experts but when the crash came in january 99% of those shyt projects crashed and failed and so many people lost their life savings. This stock market bull run feels liks 2017 crypto bull run every single stock good or bad is running. I have a feeling once the crash comes around it's going to be bigger than the one in march 2020 and a lot of first time retails investors are going to loose their money. Once this Biden stimulus is out im gonna be trimming my positions

You can’t take L’s if you don’t sell. And as long as you believe in the fundamentals of what you’re holding, selloffs are just clearance sales. The problem is everyone says this but, almost no one sticks to it. I been holding some cryptos for three years, buying every other month since 2017 and it is paying off majorly right now.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You can’t take L’s if you don’t sell. And as long as you believe in the fundamentals of what you’re holding, selloffs are just clearance sales. The problem is everyone says this but, almost no one sticks to it. I been holding some cryptos for three years, buying every other month since 2017 and it is paying off majorly right now.
Lots of people believe in the fundamentals of a company only when the share price rises. I'm still primarily invested in blue chip slow to medium growth companies that are almost automatically gonna make investors money long term. Just bought Facebook in the $250s when my cost basis was like $187. The numbers still say it's a great deal. Not too many buyers of Facebook in this thread. Seems like everyone is aggressively swinging at wilder pitches than Facebook trying to hit a grand slam. Penny stocks for example.

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
Lots of people believe in the fundamentals of a company only when the share price rises. I'm still primarily invested in blue chip slow to medium growth companies that are almost automatically gonna make investors money long term. Just bought Facebook in the $250s when my cost basis was like $187. The numbers still say it's a great deal. Not too many buyers of Facebook in this thread. Seems like everyone is aggressively swinging at wilder pitches than Facebook trying to hit a grand slam. Penny stocks for example.

Because right now there are licks to be hit. This shyt is pure gambling. We have hedgefunds with algorithms that measure social media activity. I'm an accountant and can read financials better than most. None of the shyt makes sense and hasn't for at least 6 years. There is nothing wrong with investing safely but most people just joining the party in the last year will invest safely later. Someone making 80k plus might be more willing to take chances than someone making 40k. Especially after sitting home for a year and realizing how much money is spent on bullshyt. Some people saved 5-10k just not being able to go to bars and restaurants.

I've been studying for months and got in a week before gamestop happened. I don't think people are still processing how little control we have.

Biggest lesson so far? If you think a stock is going to run bye options. If you dropping 1k+ on a stock on Twitter/reddit/discord/Slack DD why not drop $100 on those .50 and below options? It's just like in sports betting. When you take an underdog the only way to get ahead is also place money on the moneyline.

Last edited: