Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you ever legit feel the need to ask the question "is it too late?" Deep down you know you missed the opportunity and you're looking for someone else to tell you to do something you know is questionable at best. If you're gonna make a questionable move at the very least you should go into it knowing its not the best idea and being ok with the results that might not favor you.

People who feel that way never ask "is it too late?" The market is all about having conviction in what you're doing. If you lack conviction in your moves it will almost never end well.

Investing is having the peace of mind to stay calm when everyone around you is panicking because you know you made the right choice. When everyone else calms down they'll see it too. At the same time it's being able to see when you made the wrong choice and knowing when to get out. If conviction or fundamentals aren't guiding your decision then you're one of the people panicking and you aren't investing just gambling.

#mrmiyagistocks

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fidelity gives me instant deposits but I don't have margin with them. They told me the broker I transfered from labeled the stocks as margin.

ya my shyt is straight now after the transfer has settled...the shyt was moved from margin to cash without me having to do anything...guess it just needed a couple of days to clear since the transfer had just taken place...also I did a trial deposit and the money was available to trade within a few hours even tho the transaction was still pending technically...so everything is copacetic

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
#mrmiyagistocks

Example. I bought Black Berry @ $11. Went up to the $20s and fell all the way back down to $12. Rode it up wanting $33 and it failed to hit that and when it came back to close to my cost basis I bailed at $12.20 something. Blackberry is like almost $14 now. Had I just held on through the chaos and exited later I would have made more. It may still rise higher.

Never make a single move in the market without conviction. BB could have fell 50% only to later rise 1000% for all I knew. I could never complete that journey because didn't believe in the company enough deep down to go below my cost basis when shyt hit the fan.

That's why I look at all the people that look at DFV who made millions off Gamestop thinking that could be them. It couldn't. If it could they'd be figuring out their own move to produce such results instead of trying to chase other people into the moves they make.

Look at all the Tesla millionaires. They had conviction. Telsa shook many people loose on it's journey to where it's at. Myself included. Later still many people got back on the bandwagon after it felt "safe" myself included.

Unless you have absolute conviction in what you're doing don't make the move because you won't follow thorough.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

no no no...no need for it...I got it the first time and wholeheartedly agree...was just joking around with the hashtag bcuz of the zen-like approach/mindset required...but it’s absolutely true

*edit*

I ended up reading your example...and I keep learning time and again not to get too greedy when it comes to stocks I have zero convictions in but am jumping in it bcuz I do anticipate a public frenzy that I want to try and capitalize on... (a) leave it alone if it’s already doubled up... (b) if I’m in it before it doubles up then take the damn money when it does...bcuz it’s EXTREMELY lucky/fortunate to double up on a trade you have very little conviction in...far too many times I ended up just barely breaking even or losing money bcuz I got greedy once it got past 2x...literally every loss I’ve taken since I jumped in last august was a result of ignoring one of the two “lessons”

Last edited:

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
INPX been running, up about 30% since I went in :whew:

:hamster:

What y'all think, is this week another one for correction? I don't get back to back $1000 days often. Then again, ive been suwoo and side crawling all last week. Was lucky to make a few plays and leave virtually unscathed.

Last edited:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Putting some buys for some pharma companies to test my research strategy. Hopefully the results are positive in a couple of weeks :lupe:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Gambling on ZSAN today. Bought 300 at ~1.5 yesterday, sold half end of day. Sitting at 2.75 premarket right now.
I was just thinking about it but after it went up 75% yesterday and 42% AH, I'm second guessing myself :patrice:

Putting some buys for some pharma companies to test my research strategy. Hopefully the results are positive in a couple of weeks :lupe:
:feedme: so we can all follow in real time.