Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Nah imo SoFi is targeted to Yuppies. Targeting to yuppies what most companies already do. Its a crowded space to me.

Square is targeted to underserved populations and the unbanked. They're addressing a real problem. Either way my fintech play is SQ.

sq3.png
Square isn’t targeting the underbanked so much as they made a strategic acquisition in cashapp that expanded their reach. Square was about enabling small business and since expanded into other consumer payments

And a new financial institution for potential high income earners isn’t a crowded space - re SoFi - who else is doing that? It’s a smart play, the big old banks have a terrible rep amongst millennials and were never relevant to gen z. Building an ecosystem that can follow college grads from refinancing student loans, to banking when they get their first jobs, to business and home loans to investing and retirement is a win, there are very few traditional companies that have been able to build brand loyalty amongst younger generations and SoFi has the potential to do that, create lifetime customers. And then like winb keeps mentioning, there’s Galileo. It did 1/4 of the rev stripe did and stripe has a 100b valuation at 50x sales - safe to say Galileo is going to be a winner for SoFi.

Anyway, fintech isn’t just one thing with one segment and 1 or 2 winners. There’s plenty of plays from platform technology, blockchain, payments (B2B and B2C), lending and banking, etc. the financial space has already seen and will continue to see plenty of successful new players

marqeta, stripe, plaid, blend, square, PayPal, SoFi, robinhood, affirm, klarna, coinbase, addepar, brex, chine etc all can eat

edit: love the way this graphic sub segments everything

Fintech-250-2020-vf5-9_2_20.png

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Still time to get in phil breh. Gonna gap up on Monday when fomo increases over weekend. Can easily see it getting to .02-.05 by next week
Took a tumble AH, hopefully your prediction comes through :ehh:

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
RTP not really popping AH even with the Bloomberg rumor.

Management teams are critical for SPACS, but this shows that targets are even more important. You can have an A+ management team like RTP, but if the target isn't promising or in a sector that people care about, it won't be received well. IPOC is another example.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
IDK how to screenshot from my computer but, you have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many more options, and it's real time
1,2,5,10,15,30, 1hr real time charts with full candles.........a variety of different ways to look at the chart.

If you have a lick where you make 50 bucks this year, thats 2 years of WeBull level 2

I don’t even see the option for this how do you get it? But I do recall some months ago it said my time ran out it was like a trial period.

nvm I found it under menu on the phone app

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
No it didn't breh. Its just a glitch. Cant trade otc after 4pm. The bid and ask are both .0036 and .0037
I saw red and didn't even think about it being OTC :heh:

I bought 50k at .0037 so lets see what happens.

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I got in at $0.41 but didn't buy enough. My friend who put me on to the play told me to either liquidate my 401k or take out a loan so I could buy more of the stock. He said we've got a potential retirement stock on our hands :russ:.

To be fair to him I'm up 245% in my total position.
Bruh, I think this is the one that gonna set me and my family up :wow: