Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
should of held onto my vix calls they'd be even more in the money then they were when i sold them.

@sachs, fifthavenue what's up with the TSX being down like .93% year-to-date? you guys that dependent on miners?

hell yea we are

Goldcorp
Iamgold
Silver Wheaton
Barrick
Kinross
Yamana Gold

I'm pretty sure those are all in the S&P-TSX60

Banks, Oil/Gas, Energy, Mining, Telecomm, Blackberry

That pretty much makes up the TSX when it comes to mid and large cap. Then theres a couple smaller media companies like Astral or Corus and Consumer Discretionary companies such as Dollarama and Gildan. But generally we're very dependent on mining and energy.

I hate the TSX, liquidity is terrible especially for options. And the listed companies are just not my cup of tea. Extremely boring.

edit: peep http://www.standardandpoors.com/indices/sp-tsx-composite/en/us/?indexId=spcadntxc-caduf--p-ca----

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
@Lakers Offseason get them LULU calls in breh. Mid day dip and then its touching 67 by end of day. My moneys tied up in the wire/other options but I hope to sell one of my others and cop by EOD.

Yesterday I had my eye on the July 20, 75 Call contract. shyt has gone up like 60% today too :whew:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Lakers Offseason get them LULU calls in breh. Mid day dip and then its touching 67 by end of day. My moneys tied up in the wire/other options but I hope to sell one of my others and cop by EOD.

Yesterday I had my eye on the July 20, 75 Call contract. shyt has gone up like 60% today too :whew:

I got in this morning when I saw the volume go up and the price edge up @66. I bought shares not options though. I'm gonna let it ride until it fills the gap.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Sachs, Fifth Avenue

I played FSLR call options yesterday morning speculating it was going to bounce from the day before's drop. I got crushed. I gotta wait it out and see if it can climb back before it expires next week.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
why's the Nikkei so volatile anyways?

It never has regular 0.3% or -0.8% days. Its always like a 3-5% deviation. :dwillhuh:

I think Kuroda (the Japan central bank head) came out and hinted they arent doing anymore stimulus. I don't know the whole story. Plus china has had some weaker numbers coming out which Japan depends on.

A one handle move on the yen is equal to like a $1 billion to Toyota. So if the yen reverses directions I might jump back into Toyota. Japanese companies are very conservative in their outlooks. And probably estimated the yen to be about 90-95 against USD.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
@Sachs, Fifth Avenue

I played FSLR call options yesterday morning speculating it was going to bounce from the day before's drop. I got crushed. I gotta wait it out and see if it can climb back before it expires next week.

Tough. Remember how I was mentioning between BBRY and ATVI calls weeks back? SMH...I jumped in earlier this morning when Blackberry was up 3% with Puts...kept flying up though. Off a stupid analyst upgrade? Long term I believe in BBRY and will by calls before the June 28 earnings release. But man...I hope I dont get burned here lol :aicmon: I might by more to aleviate the break even but I dont wanna get burned by an end of day rally. I am almost certain the SPY rallies in the last 10 minutes today.

These BBRY puts expire June 22nd so I got some breathing room. The market is on steroids right now. So irrational i swear.

At least I made a quick lick off my Barrick Gold puts today.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I've beenn Looking at some January Puts for Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD) ever since it went up about 5% days back and also some for STRZA when it hit 23 earlier in May but I dont know enought about their American operations. I imagine Sears is still dwindling and Starz is overvalued. I know liquidity is terrible for both. Can ya'll help a breh out?

Got some research to do this weekend

Right now is a good time to buy a call contract for Sony too...not for gains purposes so I can actually exercise it and buy 100 shares later. If I had done that with LYV i wouldnt be sad right now

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
I've beenn Looking at some January Puts for Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD) ever since it went up about 5% days back and also some for STRZA when it hit 23 earlier in May but I dont know enought about their American operations. I imagine Sears is still dwindling and Starz is overvalued. I know liquidity is terrible for both. Can ya'll help a breh out?

Got some research to do this weekend

Right now is a good time to buy a call contract for Sony too...not for gains purposes so I can actually exercise it and buy 100 shares later. If I had done that with LYV i wouldnt be sad right now

I don't know much about either company but i know the general consensus for sears holdings is negative. merger with k mart was terrible.

edit: god damn, -13.20 EPS? I didn't realize it was that bad.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I don't know much about either company but i know the general consensus for sears holdings is negative. merger with k mart was terrible.

edit: god damn, -13.20 EPS? I didn't realize it was that bad.

yeeeeeep, Sears is of the past. Walmart, Best Buy and Target combined with Nordstrom and other department stores have really effed it over. Online retailing too (ie. Asos). If I had money I def woulda put some in Asos 2 years ago when I first started using the site.

But yea...that EPS should only get worse. I will look deeper into it but I dont see much from an operational standpoint that could all of a sudden turn them into a fortunate company. I need to check when their debt is maturing but I'm pretty sure it was issued at a premium because the expense has declined YOY.

Debt to Equity is 128%
Operating cash flow is TERRIBLE!!! (-957 M last 12 months)

How will they service this debt without being acquired or issuing more debt? The business obviously cant turn any positive cash flow. Its either they sell off Assets (PP&E? Stores?) or issue more. I dont see why anyone would wanna acquire them at this point. :manny: