Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Spin

All Star
Daps
yeeeeeep, Sears is of the past. Walmart, Best Buy and Target combined with Nordstrom and other department stores have really effed it over. Online retailing too (ie. Asos). If I had money I def woulda put some in Asos 2 years ago when I first started using the site.

But yea...that EPS should only get worse. I will look deeper into it but I dont see much from an operational standpoint that could all of a sudden turn them into a fortunate company. I need to check when their debt is maturing but I'm pretty sure it was issued at a premium because the expense has declined YOY.

Debt to Equity is 128%
Operating cash flow is TERRIBLE!!! (-957 M last 12 months)

How will they service this debt without being acquired or issuing more debt? The business obviously cant turn any positive cash flow. Its either they sell off Assets (PP&E? Stores?) or issue more. I dont see why anyone would wanna acquire them at this point. :manny:

The owner is hedge fund manager Eddie Lampert. They say the value is in in all the real estate they own. The question is will they be able to sell any of it at market value.

Not a fan of this one

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The owner is hedge fund manager Eddie Lampert. They say the value is in in all the real estate they own. The question is will they be able to sell any of it at market value.

Not a fan of this one

hmmm...how much stake does Eddie have? The real estate must be pretty good...at least in Canada Sears Canada closed down three stores and the landlord paid like 200M or something :ld:. But those were in shopping centres. Sears Canada's Stock went up like 12% on Friday

Spin

All Star
Daps
why's the Nikkei so volatile anyways?

It never has regular 0.3% or -0.8% days. Its always like a 3-5% deviation. :dwillhuh:

Nikkei does the reverse of the Yen. The Japan central bank is doing their own version of QE. EWJ and FXY good charts to see the relationship.

Spin

All Star
Daps
hmmm...how much stake does Eddie have? The real estate must be pretty good...at least in Canada Sears Canada closed down three stores and the landlord paid like 200M or something :ld:. But those were in shopping centres. Sears Canada's Stock went up like 12% on Friday

Not sure the exact %, but he is the majority owner and Chairman (I think even CEO now). He also owns most of Autozone. Yea, if they can sell the real estate at full value it would be good. The problem will be that most of the real estate is located in shopping mall areas and will only attract certain buyers.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Not sure the exact %, but he is the majority owner and Chairman (I think even CEO now). He also owns most of Autozone. Yea, if they can sell the real estate at full value it would be good. The problem will be that most of the real estate is located in shopping mall areas and will only attract certain buyers.
Yea just did a little read up on him. As of May 2013 he is the CEO

Dr Dre's ProductionSkills

Hutch, yella, Mel-man, Daz, Mike Elizondo
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hold steady...

gonna go heavy long with a s p stop at 1590...after that we prob go down towards the low 1500... but even then buy more...

ppl think bernake gonna stop or taper... so we can go back down to 1100.... inflation is nowhere to be seen...

they drop this to 1500 you are gonna SEE PPL GO CRAZY SHORT THINKING THIS MARKET GONNA DUMP TO 1100 ISH...yeah right.. thats when you get a crazy short covering rally to 1800... those shorts are going to get murdered...

inflation... look at gold and silver... IM GETTING KILLED ON ALL MY MINERS , METALS POSITIONS BUT WITH THAT SAID AM STARTING TO BUY GOLD AND SLIVER PHISYCAL...

theyve come this far.. no way they taper .... my guess is if they do taper they go from like 80bil to 40 bil.. markets crash to low 1500 then global markets start to qe LIKE CRAZY ....

btw.. cant recommend binary trading enough... its option trading but its awesome... controlled risk... low risk ... high reward..

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
hold steady...

gonna go heavy long with a s p stop at 1590...after that we prob go down towards the low 1500... but even then buy more...

ppl think bernake gonna stop or taper... so we can go back down to 1100.... inflation is nowhere to be seen...

they drop this to 1500 you are gonna SEE PPL GO CRAZY SHORT THINKING THIS MARKET GONNA DUMP TO 1100 ISH...yeah right.. thats when you get a crazy short covering rally to 1800... those shorts are going to get murdered...

inflation... look at gold and silver... IM GETTING KILLED ON ALL MY MINERS , METALS POSITIONS BUT WITH THAT SAID AM STARTING TO BUY GOLD AND SLIVER PHISYCAL...

theyve come this far.. no way they taper .... my guess is if they do taper they go from like 80bil to 40 bil.. markets crash to low 1500 then global markets start to qe LIKE CRAZY ....

btw.. cant recommend binary trading enough... its option trading but its awesome... controlled risk... low risk ... high reward..

bernanke is saying the tapering could start by the end of this year and likely by next year.

and I usually stay away from commodities I don't know what's going on with them. they don't behave rationally.

and on your binary trading. I hate european-style options. damn breh, the more I read about binary options they seem like straight up gambling.

Dr Dre's ProductionSkills

Hutch, yella, Mel-man, Daz, Mike Elizondo
Daps
Reppin
NULL
bernanke is saying the tapering could start by the end of this year and likely by next year.

and I usually stay away from commodities I don't know what's going on with them. they don't behave rationally.

and on your binary trading. I hate european-style options. damn breh, the more I read about them binary options are straight up gambling.

bernake gonna come back with more qe once its seen that inflation is no where to be found... and look at commodities... there rational will be that the last 4 years will be in vain and that economy hasnt recovcered yet... its all they know now to do... the next set of qe is giong to be massive...

yeah well the dollar is up thats the prob today... i gurantee you that will not be a problem in a couple of years when this govt will be forced to address their debt problem... world ina panic.. go to the dollar .. dollar shoots up .. commodites tank...

on binary trading... all stock markets are gambling... but with binary trading all you are bettin on is what in indexes will be at daily expiration dates... like today .

the thing is that binary trading what i do at least is go on the edges of moves and buy cheap options and hedge... if one direction goes then of course the other move goes to zero but my correct move pays out

ex. id buy otm option strikes in two directions for like 2 or 3 bucks.. if a move happens one way violently i lose the wrong move (aka two bucks) but the other move would jump from like 2 bucks to 30 or 40 bucks... the thing about binarys that i like is that all postiions are set to true or false at a variety of expiration dates... imo its option trading with more defined risk and reward... and your right its gambling.. and its not like option trading where your buying contracts of stocks..

but as i said all stock market activity at least to us 99%ers is gambling.... like today went long at 1605... stopped out hard at 1595... lol

but as ive stated before... they drop this to 1500 you gonna GET A VIOLENT COMBO OF OVEREXCITED BEARS MORTGAGING THE FARM TO SHORT THE MARKET AND THE BERNAKE COMMING THROUGH WITH A "IF YOU NEED ME TO SAY FUKK TAPERING I WILL SAY IT NOW AND PROUND" comment and thus super sized rally....

very surprised at this violent move down... but i think we are entering the age of the violent moves now... 100 pts the new normal... this is where you can make money doing options trading...

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
ex. id buy otm option strikes in two directions for like 2 or 3 bucks.. if a move happens one way violently i lose the wrong move (aka two bucks) but the other move would jump from like 2 bucks to 30 or 40 bucks... the thing about binarys that i like is that all postiions are set to true or false at a variety of expiration dates... imo its option trading with more defined risk and reward... and your right its gambling.. and its not like option trading where your buying contracts of stocks..

so you're just buying straddles, right? can i ask what site you use?

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
bernake gonna come back with more qe once its seen that inflation is no where to be found... and look at commodities... there rational will be that the last 4 years will be in vain and that economy hasnt recovcered yet... its all they know now to do... the next set of qe is giong to be massive...

yeah well the dollar is up thats the prob today... i gurantee you that will not be a problem in a couple of years when this govt will be forced to address their debt problem... world ina panic.. go to the dollar .. dollar shoots up .. commodites tank...

on binary trading... all stock markets are gambling... but with binary trading all you are bettin on is what in indexes will be at daily expiration dates... like today .

the thing is that binary trading what i do at least is go on the edges of moves and buy cheap options and hedge... if one direction goes then of course the other move goes to zero but my correct move pays out

but as i said all stock market activity at least to us 99%ers is gambling.... like today went long at 1605... stopped out hard at 1595... lol

but as ive stated before... they drop this to 1500 you gonna GET A VIOLENT COMBO OF OVEREXCITED BEARS MORTGAGING THE FARM TO SHORT THE MARKET AND THE BERNAKE COMMING THROUGH WITH A "IF YOU NEED ME TO SAY FUKK TAPERING I WILL SAY IT NOW AND PROUND" comment and thus super sized rally....

very surprised at this violent move down... but i think we are entering the age of the violent moves now... 100 pts the new normal... this is where you can make money doing options trading...

Breh, can you really make money off this strategy? I'm relatively new to options (about a year)... but this strategy is...:leostare:

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
brehs it's getting fukking ugly in china. this may fukk things up globally if china slows down a lot.

China Stages Lehman Bros. Type Event to Curb Runaway Credit

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/21/business/global/china-manufacturing-contracts-to-lowest-level-in-9-months.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&

China’s financial system is in the throes of a cash squeeze as the government tries to restructure the economy and punish speculators, with interbank lending rates spiking on Thursday and bank-to-bank borrowing nearly stalled.

China’s interbank and money market rates have soared over the last two weeks, and banks and other financial institutions are afraid of lending to one another. Without that lending, an economy can quickly stultify. Those in need of short-term cash, or liquidity, must pay dearly or risk default.

China’s central bank, the People’s Bank of China, has refused to provide large amounts of additional cash to the credit market. Analysts say the government is holding off for a reason: it is trying to reshape the economy while reducing its future role. The bank is not independent, unlike many other central banks, and reports to the State Council.

A huge shadow banking operation has emerged in China in recent years, with smaller banks and trust companies borrowing from bigger state-run banks and relending that money at high interest rates to private companies and property developers, a practice that fuels speculation.

Pressuring speculators is a risky strategy for the Chinese government, which is also grappling with a slowing economy. Many borrowers may have a harder time paying back their loans, and analysts fear the losses could ripple through the banking system.

“The central bank wants to accelerate reform,” said Zhu Haibin, an economist at JPMorgan Chase. “They want to give the market a lesson: you need to manage your risk and not rely on the central bank.”

Mr. Zhu and other economists say restructuring the economy, which has grown addicted to easy money, could be perilous for another reason. The decision could reduce lending and slow growth too quickly.

The worst case, absent intervention by policy makers, would be defaults at lenders with the most exposure and shakiest balance sheets. The damage could spread to other banks, setting off runs on deposits by ordinary Chinese. In the near term, markets will probably continue to be rattled, especially shares in financial institutions.

That was certainly the fear on Thursday around the globe. “China’s interbank market is basically frozen — much like credit markets froze in the United States right after Lehman failed,” said Patrick Chovanec, managing director and chief strategist at Silvercrest Asset Management. “Rates are being quoted, but no transactions are taking place.”
China...
20130619_china6.jpg

US run up to Lehman Bros. failure
20130619_china5.jpg

basically what this means is banks loan money to each other because they they depend on it to do day-to-day business. now the rate at which they loan each other this money has now spiked. the chinese government has basically cut off the supply of cheap credit. which in turn could cause banks to be insolvent or have to loan out money at a higher rate. this will severely hurt growth and gets a lot harder for any business or person looking for a loan to get one. china has already been slowing down for months. the central bank of china needs to step in. credit markets are freezing up.

this could be a painful slowdown for the world's second biggest economy and could affect the rest of the world.

edit: there are now rumors the bank of china has defaulted despite the chinese denying this.

edit again: apparently china's central bank is stepping in. rates are still like double what they are normally.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
brehs it's getting fukking ugly in china. this may fukk things up globally if china slows down a lot.

China Stages Lehman Bros. Type Event to Curb Runaway Credit

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/21/business/global/china-manufacturing-contracts-to-lowest-level-in-9-months.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&

China...
20130619_china6.jpg

US run up to Lehman Bros. failure
20130619_china5.jpg

basically what this means is banks loan money to each other because they they depend on it to do day-to-day business. now the rate at which they loan each other this money has now spiked. the chinese government has basically cut off the supply of cheap credit. which in turn could cause banks to be insolvent or have to loan out money at a higher rate. this will severely hurt growth and gets a lot harder for any business or person looking for a loan to get one. china has already been slowing down for months. the central bank of china needs to step in. credit markets are freezing up.

this could be a painful slowdown for the world's second biggest economy and could affect the rest of the world.

edit: there are now rumors the bank of china has defaulted despite the chinese denying this.

edit again: apparently china's central bank is stepping in. rates are still like double what they are normally.

how are you playing this? Any high volume Chinese ETFs to get options on?