NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dead: at people following what youtubers buy or say is good to buy.

U just setting yourselves up for failure going that route

might as well throw away your money at Motely's Fool if u taking that route

I'll admit this past year where I actually took control over my own investing I have only profited off of listening to youtubers or other methods. Every stock that I got into this past year NIO, PLTR, LCA, and the ARKs came from recommendations of youtube and forums. Before that I was playing it safe thinking that was the way lost out on all kind of money.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Whats the PT on AQMS?

:mjlol: Honestly I saw the charts and got in at around a dollar. I believed with my DD it would rise to 2.50 so I purchased a bunch of calls at a 2.50 SP. Obviously it hit and surpassed the strike, but beyond that I couldn't say. It could trend sideways from this point or keep steady grinding upward.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
I'll admit this past year where I actually took control over my own investing I have only profited off of listening to youtubers or other methods. Every stock that I got into this past year NIO, PLTR, LCA, and the ARKs came from recommendations of youtube and forums. Before that I was playing it safe thinking that was the way lost out on all kind of money.

:mjlol: That's what I been saying. That antiquated trading style is outdated.

:mjlol: In this new era, the internet runs the stock market-- and it's for the better. This is why I'm not afraid of doing penny's as others are. There's still risk, but not anywhere close to what it was in the Boomer era.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: That's what I been saying. That antiquated trading style is outdated.

:mjlol: In this new era, the internet runs the stock market-- and it's for the better. This is why I'm not afraid of doing penny's as others are. There's still risk, but not anywhere close to what it was in the Boomer era.

The meme stock generation is actually a good play. I noticed pltr late after it started trending on wallstreetbets but grabbed a cheap call option and still made decent money on it.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
On the other hand, this dude (who is actually a doctor and definitely understands this sector better than Chicken breh) thinks CRISPR Therapeutics have some potentially major catalysts on the horizon and seems to think they have a lead over their competitors with respect to clinical trial progress

Meanwhile this molecular biologist is mad bullish on Intellia's pre-clinical data

Caution is definitely needed and FOMO is to be avoided, but Chicken is kinda out of his lane in this sector so I don't put much weight in his 20-year time horizon for this stuff to become mainstream

Rand and Ron Paul are doctors too....

No one is doubting crispr. Heck I did a report on crispr cas-9 back when I was in undergrad 10 years ago. But the whole genomic sector won’t be as straightforward of a surge like most people are saying.

just like I was pointing out to @surf yesterday about ark buying surf, when that shyt like 5 years away, if everything goes right.

The whole point is make sure you’re long and doing a shyt ton of research, if you go the single equity route.

Starski

Superstar
Daps
Screenshot-20201231-210953-Fidelity.jpg

It wasn't a complete failure it outperformed the S&P marginally.

My objective was primarily to have money that generated an income. I won't say it's still not that but the underperforming stocks I plan to ruthlessly cut loose and put that money into growth stocks.

Either they grow the dividend fast, have some type of capital appreciation or they're gone.[/QUOT
Screenshot-20201231-210953-Fidelity.jpg

It wasn't a complete failure it outperformed the S&P marginally.

My objective was primarily to have money that generated an income. I won't say it's still not that but the underperforming stocks I plan to ruthlessly cut loose and put that money into growth stocks.

Either they grow the dividend fast, have some type of capital appreciation or they're gone.

Don’t do this to yourself bruh, you beat the market, period. If you really in this for the long haul remember

a portfolio compounding @ 12% per annum for 30 years beats a portfolio compounding @ 20% per annum for 27 years, with 3 years of -50% sprinkled in.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
So for some reason I must be the only one looking at PTN

PTN Stock Price | Palatin Technologies Inc. Stock Quote (U.S.: NYSE American) | MarketWatch

They have been around since 1986 and have a drug for non-menopausal women to help increase their sex drive. I'm not sure if it will 2x or 3x or any of that but shouldn't it jump past being worth .68 cents per share?

I got in for 500 like a week or two ago. Missed getting in at a lower price but hopeful this can reach past $1 hopefully by end of first or second quarter of this year. Small play but I'll take it.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I got in for 500 like a week or two ago. Missed getting in at a lower price but hopeful this can reach past $1 hopefully by end of first or second quarter of this year. Small play but I'll take it.

I thought I saw someone else bring it up...That's what made me look into it. I got $550 on it. I'm just going to hold it there since this is the only play I have going right now and I'm just waiting on ROBLOX to IPO. Until than I will just add 2xARKK/ARKG/ARKF and 10x PLTR a month until ROBLOX comes out. Unless something else hits the scene I'm not expecting.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I hope my positions even out on monday so I can consolidate some of the flyers into better shyt :francis: I'd only be losing like 40 overall to just sell the shyt at a loss so may just say fukk it

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I thought I saw someone else bring it up...That's what made me look into it. I got $550 on it. I'm just going to hold it there since this is the only play I have going right now and I'm just waiting on ROBLOX to IPO. Until than I will just add 2xARKK/ARKG/ARKF and 10x PLTR a month until ROBLOX comes out. Unless something else hits the scene I'm not expecting.
yeah i feel ya. hopefully that roblox is decent and not too crazy like abnb and the other one that came out recently, forgot the name. i got like 1200 to play with so gotta see what looks good out there. or just add more ark.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
@FabTrey :umad:

Basically he’s saying what mentioned to @surf the other day. It’s dangerous to just buy what you see Cathy buying if you don’t have the proper insight, aren’t doing your own research and just looking for a quick flip.

There’s definitely a lot of fomo panic buying in genomic sector, not knowing that something like arkg is a long long play.

Some of Cathie's picks don't perform well they have like 48 holdings lol. But most of her picks do well and then they add and add to the ones they like..

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
There's a lot of YouTube personalities who do real DD and their picks are legit. Nobody is saying you should follow them and buy them. Their main platform happens to be YouTube but they are legit...

Then there's other YouTubers that don't do any research and they just try to pump shyt like on stocktwits. Whatever you are choosing to buy you need to be doing some type of research..

Nobody in here is buying blindly.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Some of Cathie's picks don't perform well they have like 48 holdings lol. But most of her picks do well and then they add and add to the ones they like..

i added some to my M1s :russ:

but most likely i'll never buy ETFs for my fidelity. i like where i'm at now :mjgrin: