Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
@FabTrey :umad:

Basically he’s saying what mentioned to @surf the other day. It’s dangerous to just buy what you see Cathy buying if you don’t have the proper insight, aren’t doing your own research and just looking for a quick flip.

There’s definitely a lot of fomo panic buying in genomic sector, not knowing that something like arkg is a long long play.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Does anyone predict apple growing a great deal going forward or will they become a steady safe play. I’m trying to basically figure out if I should cash in my apple stock and go after ARKK or even putting it into TSLA

Yes, Apple will for sure continue to grow. It wouldn’t surprise me if the stock gets to $180 next year. Their subscription service is still growing, they just got into the fitness market, they’re getting into EV and they have a boat load of money to buy back shares. You buy and hold forever. I buy shares of Apple every week in my M1. I treat it like a savings since the yield is higher than the current interest rate.

Last edited:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Looking at positions to cut and I think I’m gonna sell MSFT and Uber to grow my positions in BYND, TTCF, PINS, ARKG, LMND or CRWD.

Once some of my dividend stocks like INTC, T, VIAC and PRU recover closer to their 52 week high I’ll sell those as well.

Last edited:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Basically he’s saying what mentioned to @surf the other day. It’s dangerous to just buy what you see Cathy buying if you don’t have the proper insight, aren’t doing your own research and just looking for a quick flip.

There’s definitely a lot of fomo panic buying in genomic sector, not knowing that something like arkg is a long long play.

:mjlol: I've been stating the same things as well. It makes more sense to just invest in ARK-Series than to follow each individual move, because you don't know the politics behind why Cathie is moving the way she is. She could be DCA a stock that she knows is going to dip for a year and shoot off 3 years from now, meanwhile you're investing thinking it's going to moon and losing money on the way down. A lot of the reason why ARK-Series has been red lately while TSLA has gone up is because Cathie is diversifying the series for a long term grind. It used to be ARK was green whenever TSLA was green, not the case anymore as she's taking chances on stocks that won't show results for quarters at a time. In the long run, ARK Series will surpass all the other same sector ETF's.

redd2013

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: I've been stating the same things as well. It makes more sense to just invest in ARK-Series than to follow each individual move, because you don't know the politics behind why Cathie is moving the way she is. She could be DCA a stock that she knows is going to dip for a year and shoot off 3 years from now, meanwhile you're investing thinking it's going to moon and losing money on the way down. A lot of the reason why ARK-Series has been red lately while TSLA has gone up is because Cathie is diversifying the series for a long term grind. It used to be ARK was green whenever TSLA was green, not the case anymore as she's taking chances on stocks that won't show results for quarters at a time. In the long run, ARK Series will surpass all the other same sector ETF's.

You got any penny you looking at?

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
@FabTrey :umad:

On the other hand, this dude (who is actually a doctor and definitely understands this sector better than Chicken breh) thinks CRISPR Therapeutics have some potentially major catalysts on the horizon and seems to think they have a lead over their competitors with respect to clinical trial progress

Meanwhile this molecular biologist is mad bullish on Intellia's pre-clinical data

Caution is definitely needed and FOMO is to be avoided, but Chicken is kinda out of his lane in this sector so I don't put much weight in his 20-year time horizon for this stuff to become mainstream

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
:dead: at people following what youtubers buy or say is good to buy.

U just setting yourselves up for failure going that route

might as well throw away your money at Motely's Fool if u taking that route

Idk if ppl in here are just blindly following certain youtubers. The only stock I blindly followed was FE with planet 13 and it was a good decision so far.

TTCF looks like a good buy to me just because I’ve been super bullish on BYND and the plant based sector in general.

Reign X

Pro
Daps
:dead: at people following what youtubers buy or say is good to buy.

U just setting yourselves up for failure going that route

might as well throw away your money at Motely's Fool if u taking that route

Free information, you would be a fool to not watch it. It’s not a random post saying buy “x stock”. There’s usually a lot of information contained in a 5-30 minute video. For years, some people have been buying stocks off someone on tv saying it’s a good buy or from a article, but YouTube is the problem?