Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Which one do you think is the best? I looked into managed brokerage but they want .5 percent of my overall account. I believe its charged every 3 quarters. I am not really feeling that. That was with fidelity.
Manage your own account if you can help it OR choose a low cost robo-advisor.

Fidelity.
Betterment.
And I think Vanguard offer robo advisors.

I don't know what the service is called for Betterment or Vanguard but for Fidelity
it's FidelityGo.

And if you want to rough it alone and handle your own investments just open a brokerage account
and pick your own stocks, set the days/weeks you want money to pulled into the account and auto-invest monthly
(I do this for the account I personally manage while the account I'm hands off has the robo-advisor!)

Screenshot-20201231-210953-Fidelity.jpg

It wasn't a complete failure it outperformed the S&P marginally.

My objective was primarily to have money that generated an income. I won't say it's still not that but the underperforming stocks I plan to ruthlessly cut loose and put that money into growth stocks.

Either they grow the dividend fast, have some type of capital appreciation or they're gone.

:ohhh:

Okay that's what's up breh.
Do you operate your Fidelity account similarly to how the M1 guys do it ?
By setting up auto-investments in stocks which return a dividend ?
IF someone wanted to take this approach are there any websites you'd recommend ?

are your "drip" investing ? Or is it another style ?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Manage your own account if you can help it OR choose a low cost robo-advisor.

Fidelity.
Betterment.
And I think Vanguard offer robo advisors.

I don't know what the service is called for Betterment or Vanguard but for Fidelity
it's FidelityGo.

And if you want to rough it alone and handle your own investments just open a brokerage account
and pick your own stocks, set the days/weeks you want money to pulled into the account and auto-invest monthly
(I do this for the account I personally manage while the account I'm hands off has the robo-advisor!)

:ohhh:

Okay that's what's up breh.
Do you operate your Fidelity account similarly to how the M1 guys do it ?
By setting up auto-investments in stocks which return a dividend ?
IF someone wanted to take this approach are there any websites you'd recommend ?

are your "drip" investing ? Or is it another style ?
I usually take my dividend money and pool it together add a little more and buy something I choose. I don’t drip reinvest it. Right now my plan is take all of it and add to Planet 13 until it comes to a decent size. Before I was buying DBX and STOR and before that.

The dividend game is for people that have much larger portfolios than I do. Many dividend stocks aren’t gonna grow like that which is why they pay a dividend. The ones that grow usually have tiny dividends like Apple or Visa.

If my dollar amount is so tiny (a $60K portfolio is very small) I’m probably better off trying to grow it rather than collect dividends.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Which one do you think is the best? I looked into managed brokerage but they want .5 percent of my overall account. I believe its charged every 3 quarters. I am not really feeling that. That was with fidelity.

i actually recommend opening up robinhood. :yeshrug:

i love it. so easy to use. :manny:

i like my fidelity, but it's kinda ugly and old.

and you don't need a managed account. just do it on your own. no fees.

Last edited:

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I only got about a couple of dozen or so posts in this thread, but I wanted to give thanks to all those who were posting in this thread for a while now.

I used to go to stock twits and reddit as my main sources, and I still check them out from time to time, but as soon as I wake up I check this site first.

I don't want to name y'all (for fear of leaving somebody out), but thanks a lot for all you guys did. Also, there were a lot of plays that I missed out on, but I'm not broke yet, so with this New Year coming up hopefully everybody can eat. Thanks again and Happy New year.

Reign X

Pro
Daps
This market helped fill entertainment void from this year. Got in late in June and still made a lot. Gotta be ready for a downturn and a normal return won’t be the same but it’s better when you got a bigger portfolio.

Amazon, Apple and bitcoin have helped people become millionaires over the years. I missed all of those. Got on tesla late but still up a nice amount. Hopefully some of us can find one of the next decade defining stocks.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
i actually recommend opening up robinhood. :yeshrug:

i love it. so easy to use. :manny:

i like my fidelity, but it's kinda ugly and old.

and you don't need a managed account. just do it on your own. no fees.

Its easy to use until u have an issue with your portfolio and u stuck sending and waiting for emails for weeks on end :mjlol:

I only use RH to do a quick check on a stock price because it has the GOAT mobile interface.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Its easy to use until u have an issue with your portfolio and u stuck sending and waiting for emails for weeks on end :mjlol:

I only use RH to do a quick check on a stock price because it has the GOAT mobile interface.

I know it takes forever to deposit money. It's a reminder that account should carry cash all the time.

Other than that i aint got no complaints. :mjgrin:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Screenshot-20201231-210953-Fidelity.jpg

It wasn't a complete failure it outperformed the S&P marginally.

My objective was primarily to have money that generated an income. I won't say it's still not that but the underperforming stocks I plan to ruthlessly cut loose and put that money into growth stocks.

Either they grow the dividend fast, have some type of capital appreciation or they're gone.

i think you can do much better.

i started in october and 99.9% of my porfolio is spec plays and i'm up 45% as of today. it could have been way more but I've only sold 3 stocks out of 60+. i was really trying to avoid dealing with capital gains taxes for 2020.

the only way I see myself ever making real money from investing in large cap companies with significant sums is to make more money fast on risky plays.:manny:

Also it took me a while to mentally adjust to putting more than $500 into one particular stock or buying stocks that were $50+/share, that cost me. :francis:

Last edited:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I don't know why my performance benchmark doesn't show up on the fidelity app. They must not want me knowing how I'm doing. :francis:

I see on my activity that all the ark fund capital gains are due to hit on Monday so that's something to look forward to. Not much but hopefully I can get more the next time they pay out.