Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
U learn more by doing your own due diligence on a stock. But hey, if listening to youtubers help ya then go for it. Just dont be suckered in to their little premium paid group
That's if someone knows how to do DD properly. That requires knowledge that a lot of new investors don't possess.

No one should be buying stocks solely based off a YT video. But using YouTube/Twitter/Reddit etc. as a way to have a pulse on the current market has a lot of benefit.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
That's if someone knows how to do DD properly. That requires knowledge that a lot of new investors don't possess.

No one should be buying stocks solely based off a YT video. But using YouTube/Twitter/Reddit etc. as a way to have a pulse on the current market has a lot of benefit.

And through trial and tribulations its not hard.....u know what, fukk it, yall stick to youtube, twitter, ect. :salute:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Ask yourself this:

why would they need to advertise their trades on YouTube or elsewhere, other than to try and hype up stock picks?

If u have a legit teacher teaching u how to read charts and where to go for stock information, then cool.

But if u have some cornball who is giving out stocks and saying they are hitting the moon then :comeon:

You dont need youtube if u do your own work and learn. And all it takes is time from your daily life.

Just sayin :manny:

I don’t have the answer to your question but for myself, financial education and chicken genius have great insight on stocks they invest in. It’s just additional information for me.

personally, I only bought 1 stock blindly while any other stock I bought from their recommendation I researched into the company (lemonade and tattooed chef). To each his own.

Plus they can kind of act as a mentor and ppl can learn how to research stocks watching these videos. There are ppl who don’t know how to read a balance sheet but the two I mentioned go over some of that.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Y’all doing too much asking for 30-60% crashes more often, that shyt kills gains and it will be a long time before have a crash that immediately recovers a month later. WTH

I have a long time until I retire so if I can accumulate stocks for cheap then it is what it is. I don’t sweat on red days or big drops. As long as the business model of the company I invested in is intact then I’m good.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
My regret was not going heavier in CAKE sand PLAY. I got cake at $16 and PLAY at $9. Both are up a stupid %.

The all in approach was probably the number 1 beneficial thing I learned about investing last year. Instead of diversifying, I should’ve threw my speculative money into CAKE and PLAY and would’ve been good.
How is $PLAY even still in business? I looked at their quarterly and they have like $8 million in cash on-hand.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
How is $PLAY even still in business? I looked at their quarterly and they have like $8 million in cash on-hand.

They did a private stock offering for like $500 million a couple of months ago. Prior to that they sold shares and probably got money from the fed. They’ll survive and once they get back to normal in a couple of years they should be flying back to ATH i think.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Some of Cathie's picks don't perform well they have like 48 holdings lol. But most of her picks do well and then they add and add to the ones they like..
A lot of people are buying as well. Legit look at surf’s stocktwits it’s literally nothing but clitriding Cathy and nothing about the company.

And the variety of holdings are for risk management purposes. That’s the what makes an etf a safer bet than a single equity.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I have a long time until I retire so if I can accumulate stocks for cheap then it is what it is. I don’t sweat on red days or big drops. As long as the business model of the company I invested in is intact then I’m good.
I’m doing this so I can retire early, not at 65. I’m cool on the market crashing.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
I’m doing this so I can retire early, not at 65. I’m cool on the market crashing.

I’m hoping to retire early as well and accumulating more shares of stocks I believe in is what’s going to help get me there. I’ll buy them when they breakout to ATH but it would be nicer to get them at a cheaper price so I can get more bang for my buck.

Notley

Pro
Daps
I made more in 2020 off stocks that weren't related to buying the March dip.. I guess there is a thought that everyone just bought up the stocks that were devastated but I barely have any of those left in my portfolio..

I agree. The March dip didn't create a buying opportunity until the Fed Chair, Jay Powell, said that he was lowering interest rates and would do whatever it took to insure that the markets didn't go back to the March lows.

Without Fed intervention, we would be much closer to the March lows right now.

A couple of years ago, I was reading an article about the 10 most powerful people in the world, the then Fed chair, Janet Yellin was listed as the 5th or 6th most powerful person in the world. At the time, only the US president, Russian president, German Chancellor, and Chinese president were high.

The power of the Fed Chair is enormous.

We might not get a 30% drop, but the Fed Chair will intervene in the market, again.

Reign X

Pro
Daps
Crash used to be about once every ten years. Greed would slowly manifest in someway. But now with continued fed intervention, who knows.

Reign X

Pro
Daps
Chicken genius owns 5k Tesla shares? Damn. I definitely didn’t buy early enough but he’s on another level regardless.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
I agree. The March dip didn't create a buying opportunity until the Fed Chair, Jay Powell, said that he was lowering interest rates and would do whatever it took to insure that the markets didn't go back to the March lows.

A couple of years ago, I was reading an article about the 10 most powerful people in the world, the then Fed chair, Janet Yellin was listed as the 5th or 6th most powerful person in the world. At the time, only the US president, Russian president, German Chancellor, and Chinese president were high.

We might not get a 30% drop, but the Fed Chair will intervene in the market, again.

It doesn’t surprise me the fed chair is ranked that high. Ben Bernanke is still getting a lot of love and held as a hero.

This whole system is just a trip to me. I remember reading a Reddit post months ago explaining the fed’s role in the market and how there’s a special stock market team that meets with the president to advise him on how to drive the market higher. Could be someone BSing the latter but a great market makes a president’s term look successful so I believe it.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:dead: thats why i was out here making terrible bear predictions. when the market crashed in 08, it took five YEARS to recover. not 5 fukkin weeks :mindblown:

but if this is how it is now, and the fed is never gonna let the market crash again, im all for it :salute: