Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
:gladbron:

WidePoint Corporation (NYSE: WYY), a leading provider of secure, cloud-based, enterprise-wide Managed Mobility Services (MMS) featuring Cybersecurity and Telecommunications Lifecycle Management (TLM) solutions, announced today that WidePoint subsidiary iSYS LLC has received a Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) for Telecommunications Inventory and Expense Management Solutions (TIEMS). Annual purchases that would be issued under task orders on the BPA are estimated at $9.5 million, or $47.5 million over the 5-year period of performance.

This is WidePoint's second Department-level enterprise contract. Of the 15 Cabinet Departments within the Federal Government, WidePoint now has BPAs with The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Department of Health and Human Services. As department-wide vehicles, the BPAs may be utilized by all components of the awarding agency.

"Under the DHHS TIEMS BPA, WidePoint will combine our professional expertise with a customized TIEMS system that together will help DHHS reduce expenses and optimize its telecommunications assets," said Jin H. Kang, Chief Operations Officer of WidePoint Corporation. "We have a great deal of experience serving federal agencies, and we look forward to helping DHHS realize savings and increased efficiency."

Steve L. Komar, CEO & Chairman of WidePoint Corporation, said, "We are pleased to add the Department of Health and Human Services to the ever-growing list of federal departments and agencies that rely on WidePoint for Telecom Lifecycle Management and Managed Mobility Services." He added, "As our second Department-wide contract vehicle for telecommunication management, the DHHS Blanket Purchase Agreement provides another opportunity for WidePoint to continue to grow our federal customer base."

finally :blessed: up 12% today

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
June expiry?

yeah, i got in when RUT was around 1090 - this move upward was unexpected but again, I sold bottom wing, then rengaged bottom ring - so that will hedge some of the losses if RUT breaches the upper wing. I'm looking for a pullback this week though.

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want to iterate, I'm doing PORTFOLIO investing..i'm not expectding to win on every strategy and every play. Some plays are there to hedge other plays

so while my RUT may get breached, i'm also making money on selling pandora (P) spreads and also doing bullish call spreads on other items. Then also playing some neutral plays (calendars).

无名的

Superstar
Daps
For whatever reason, I felt the urge to pull out of CRCM today. Just took $178 in profit and exited.

:yeshrug:

Looking to buy some $10 June puts on CXDC with the Care.com proceeds.

2z9bij6.jpg

shyt is going out of control. Will probably come back down to earth in the next few weeks. I made some money on CXDC last year. It hurts to know I had probably 20k into it at one point at $4.83.

:wow:

Last edited:

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
@GoogleMe @Domingo Halliburton @7oclock @Sachs Fifth Avenue @Ill @Broke Wave at what age did u start trading / investing and how did it go...what did u need to work on

Well my friend I actually was trading penny stocks about 3-4 years ago. I saved up a G and practised with that. I threw it in some stock called QSGIQ and I rode it from 14 to 52 cents. I sold at like 40 cents. From then on I loved investing. I hung around penny stock forums for a while and the live chats plus I bought a level 2 service to daytrade penny stocks and I did that for a while. I started to lose money gambling being overconfident; believing I could trade every P&D but I didn't know much about liquidity or volume.

Fast forward from there I've done my research and I'm more interested in futures and currencies. That being said I'm still learning like you are and I'm going to re-open my trading account for CFD's at the end of this week and I'll probably be trading by next week. I think if you do some research, win or lose, you'll feel more confident on whatever strategy or product you choose to trade.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
@GoogleMe @Domingo Halliburton @7oclock @Sachs Fifth Avenue @Ill @Broke Wave at what age did u start trading / investing and how did it go...what did u need to work on

I didn't start until I was a junior college and enrolled in the finance major at school. So 6-7 years. At first i just used to put it in index funds because I've seen too many studies on the big boys not beating the market and i still have most of my money in there. But like anybody its been up and down.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Started investing during my fourth year of university (2013) when I was doing a coop internship for a year in asset mgmt. I used to come to work so early and became so interested in applying what I had learned in school that before I knew it i was reading equity research reports on the Bloomberg Terminal and eventually making my own. First equity i bought was KKD in April 2014, then EVR, then LYV, then AYA.TO, TSLA etc etc in May. My portfolio was absolutely fukking :wow: From then til now my shyt probably woulda doubled...only bad pick was AMCX which I still believe in.

Anyways, I got too big for my britches and started messing with options :why:....lost like $6000 of some of the money I saved to pay off my last year of school mainly because of greed. Lesson learned lol.

Key things i need to work on...irrational decision making / greed or riding highs. Problem has always been that i exit early and it continues going up (SPY calls as of late for example) and the fact that if I have 4 good investment opportunties but only the cash to do one for that time...its like I choose the wrong one 90% of the time (buying SPY puts instead of UA calls on Tuesday)

Last edited:

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street

I started before I went to Uni. I learned the hard way. I lost $5,000+ twice which taught me risk control, risk management, and I realized that I was trading far too many shares relative to equity. I also came to the conclusion that intraday trading/scalping is more of a reactive process as opposed to one requiring forethought.