Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
June expiry?

Just to inform you the RUT is sitting at the top wing again - i have rollup the lower wing twice and now sitting at a 1105/1110 and 1145/1140 iron conder.

Rolling the wings has netted me $25 profit per spread :smile:

now i need this to maintain the current 1140 top

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@GoogleMe @Domingo Halliburton @7oclock @Sachs Fifth Avenue @Ill @Broke Wave at what age did u start trading / investing and how did it go...what did u need to work on

good question.

I started when i was 19, maxing out my IRA and holding some mutual funds. I didn't start trading at first, but when I first did it was biopharms and penny stocks. I went hard on some penny stocks and lost my shirt - I think my story is like a lot of peoples. That's why I preach that you should always look to make 5-10% a month and no tthink you're going to it a grandslam every at bat.

I need to work better on scanning and option greeks....you cannot be a good stock trader without scanning and option greeks knowledge. if you're good, learning option greeks will make you bettter

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Why not I like Wendys as a company :ohhh:

higher same store sales than wendys and it seems to me wendy's has saturated the US.

I don't dislike Wendy's....in fact I like it lot more now that it's not trading at a 100 multiple.

were you the guy talking about wendy's a couple months ago in here? If that guy ever made that trade it was a good one.

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
Just to inform you the RUT is sitting at the top wing again - i have rollup the lower wing twice and now sitting at a 1105/1110 and 1145/1140 iron conder.

Rolling the wings has netted me $25 profit per spread :smile:

now i need this to maintain the current 1140 top

Net credit of $50?

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh my bad, I read it wrong. Nice adjustment breh
oh, so if i had purchased 2 spreads i would have $50 profit. On the other hand the top spread is at risk of losing $200 per spread if RUT passes ~1145

but that's all part of risk management , the bottom spread will gain about $100 making this at worse a $100 loser (because of the rolls I implemented) If I did not do the rolls and it passed 1145 I would have loss about 350 per spread.

additionally, as I mentioned before I'm about portfolio management - so i have hedged this iron condor with bull spreads and put credit spreads (along with some july put debit spreads) and a few calendar spreads.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
I started before I went to Uni. I learned the hard way. I lost $5,000+ twice which taught me risk control, risk management, and I realized that I was trading far too many shares relative to equity. I also came to the conclusion that intraday trading/scalping is more of a reactive process as opposed to one requiring forethought.

what nationality are you?

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The SPY is too elusive....back down to earth its time to start my long term orientation.

VZ I'm already in on for 2016 but I like T after the Directv acquisition. That acquisition price was too low. Next I'm looking at Kraft 2016 calls (too cheap, i'd short puts if i could too which are two times the price of calls) . I wanna do a DCF on it but the Mondelez split is making the task more tedious than it should be.

What yall think about Kors? Strong ass company but I still don't know whether or not its a fad:patrice:. I thought it was but that revenue growth isnt playin. Too volatile right now anyways

Last edited: