Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Very nice. It's trading above the 50 dma now. 100 dma is coming up at 61.43
What do you think of the SPY at this level. I think its going to head down again soon. Wheres the support level? 187? I could see it hitting there by next Friday but its a tough decision.

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
What do you think of the SPY at this level. I think its going to head down again soon. Wheres the support level? 187? I could see it hitting there by next Friday but its a tough decision.

Very low volume going into Memorial day. SPX and SPY are approaching all time highs as you know. SPX has some room to go before it sees some resistance, but lets close above 1900 today first, and then I feel we could see a slight pullback next week before rising higher above all time highs and then on to the 1915-1925 zone. Could very well rise higher too on low volume next week. Can't get too into it breh away from desk right now and using apps

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Very low volume going into Memorial day. SPX and SPY are approaching all time highs as you know. SPX has some room to go before it sees some resistance, but lets close above 1900 today first, and then I feel we could see a slight pullback next week before rising higher above all time highs and then on to the 1915-1925 zone. Could very well rise higher too on low volume next week. Can't get too into it breh away from desk right now and using apps
thanks. I got some free money sitting around. Sold out of CBS when it as at 60.80. I plan to keep some on deck and get back in CBS and maybe UA after taking some time off cause Ive been on too much of a hotstreak. Dont want the 3 day weekend killing my option values either.

I'm thinking Tuesday somethings got to give after this run. i expect a decent pullback to at least 189 and possibly 188. At least I hope so :ehhh:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Out of all my index funds and E&P positions. Can't bring myself to sell TRN:sadcam:
breh, i know youre an MBA but do you know what i can expect interviewing for a risk mgmt position :snoop:? Its a rotational program for bachelors grads but I have more of an accounting background hence why I am worried.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
breh, i know youre an MBA but do you know what i can expect interviewing for a risk mgmt position :snoop:? Its a rotational program for bachelors grads but I have more of an accounting background hence why I am worried.
I havent interviewed for any risk analyst positions, but i would assume it would be more for quant dudes. You need to know modeling very well for a position like that and your technical skills need to be on point. Vba, matlab, etc..quants are taking over the street it seems. Idk how much your accounting background can help you with that. That being said, a rotational program like that will give you the opportunity to learn all that so if youve shown yourself to be a capable individual, they might give you a shot.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I havent interviewed for any risk analyst positions, but i would assume it would be more for quant dudes. You need to know modeling very well for a position like that and your technical skills need to be on point. Vba, matlab, etc..quants are taking over the street it seems. Idk how much your accounting background can help you with that. That being said, a rotational program like that will give you the opportunity to learn all that so if youve shown yourself to be a capable individual, they might give you a shot.
Yea eh. I don't think its that quant based coming right out school based on two people I know who have jobs. I'm 90% sure they had zero MATLAB or VBA experience. Well see

Daps
Reppin
NYC
thanks breh. How was your blackstone jawn? you get that and youre set for life. Private eq analyst?
Not private eq. It was with their real estate debt strategies cfo. His business unit is actually looking for people with an accounting background. I only got it because we went to the same high school. Im trying to position myself for a junior research analyst role so im hoping he puts me through. It went well so im pretty optimistic.

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
next question is how do you go about screening..what are you looking for during your normal day

during a bearing day

during a bullish day

Hey Shugg, you had a good run that MJ well dried up. Time to do #study!

I've been banned before and I usually keep it moving, but there was some good action this past month and I wanted to share and couldn't.

BigJo - I'm still in MCIG - will average down after the dividend (which will drop the stock price).

As far as stock play - long SZYM still, long DNDN, and BBRY

options - doing a bunch of calendars. My major play is an iron-condor on the RUT. Between 1080 and 1140. I'm assuming the market will be fairly non-directional and there's a potential of breakout or breakdown in late june or july.

I have BAC and APOL puts running now for June expiry. May look to roll the APOL puts out to July.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
Hey Shugg, you had a good run that MJ well dried up. Time to do #study!

I've been banned before and I usually keep it moving, but there was some good action this past month and I wanted to share and couldn't.
I got no problem with that Im trying to be like @GoogleMe :salute:

what do you suggest I look at to study next?

Any books you guys suggest to read?

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You need to find a strategy 1st.

You had a good one with penny stocks but you were looking at one asset class and not diversifying enough.

Then you need to find vehicles you want to use, thats when you narrow down the books you should read. Because a swing traders vs day trader vs value trader are all different and utilize different philosophies.

THne you need to younderstand capital allocation and risk tolerance. How much are you willing to risk and lose.

You will not make 100% gains on every stock - you won't double your money year in and year out - unless you have a sound strategy and even the best don't do those types of #'s. You will need to be okay making 5-15% a month.