Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
yeah the stock has taken a hit because commodities have been getting killed lately. wall street hated their acquisitions into oil and gas (the debt you mentioned). I've followed the stock for years and I wish I would of bought it when it hit 27. they have some very smart people running the company (like any big company).

I don't know whats going on with commodities. I feel the market has overreacted and they will come back up.

anyways you mentioned you're canadian, I actually work for RBC (in america though).

What RBC division? I had an interview with RBC CM in June for a summer IB analyst role in Toronto but I didnt get it :to:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
project for the week is call options on BBRY and ATVI, and possibly a TSLA put after my funds transfer. Hopefully it doesnt go too much in that time period.

Also, what do you guys think about GM? When I was researching TSLA i was looking over GM while doing comparables and I think I'll dive in before long

edit: waited on BBRY and bought 20 ATVI call contracts for a strike of 15. They expire June 22nd ...wish me luck brehs. Tesla down 7%, maybe missed the boat on that one but at least I can buy shares at a lower price if it continues. Cant lose in this situation.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
@Nudie

Jamba Juice jumped from $3 to $15 with the quickness :whew:

I wish I knew more so I had a better idea what I'm studying.
Bro you nearly gave me a heart attack!!!

They did a 5 to 1 reverse stock split, the company is still worth 250M (mkt cap) :damn::pachaha:

This is often done to increase the marketability of shares / volume / liquidity often. It creates a lower float which can create more demand for shares and beyond that...numbers between 10-99 just look better.

Last edited by a moderator:

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Bro you nearly gave me a heart attack!!!

They did a 5 to 1 reverse stock split, the company is still worth 250M (mkt cap) :damn::pachaha:

This is often done to increase the marketability of shares / volume / liquidity often. It creates a lower float which can create more demand for shares and beyond that...numbers between 10-99 just look better.

:russ: I had a heart attack when I looked at it myself. That makes sense, and this is a good teachable moment because it made me read up on it. I was thinking something crazy happened that I didn't know about, but it makes more sense that they're trying to look good on paper.

I'm definitely trying to learn before investing, so I'm going to PM you my e-mail address for that report. And if you re-activate your Twitter let me know, I'll def follow.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
@Nudie I hate bbry unless its a short. I hate video game companies as well. I don't know enough about gm and jamba juice.

Edit: Tesla has been on too much of a run, how much higher can it go?

Dr Dre's ProductionSkills

Hutch, yella, Mel-man, Daz, Mike Elizondo
Daps
Reppin
NULL
any of you guys do binary trading...

just started it .. its wierd but its pretty simple... you can get a free demo acct at nadex.com...

im still bullish on the market.. but they need a pull back to suck in shorts... those earning numbers arent going to do it... take this thing down to 1500 and the fed will re pump the printing presses...

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I was just telling my friend that I planned on buying zynga puts because it was going too high last week. Didn't get around to it though. My reason was that even with the online gambling possibility the firm was moving too slow...waiting for it to be legalized nation wide. Companies like amaya gaming however have already moved in. I'm sure the price will run back up to about 3.5 though before July. Companies like znga and grpn are stubborn like that lol.

I'm considering buying both puts and calls though. There's one prospect facing Zynga. It makes. Good acquisition target..not sure if anybody has realized it yet but it does judging by their cash flow, low share price/enterprise value and net loss tax breaks to be carried forward. They have online gaming patents too
. Somebody in wall street must be making a pitch to EA about this.

Zynga to me is much like Facebook. Fundamentally they are good healthy companies...but as a civilian and not financial analyst you just know they don't have the product or management possible to sustain their success.I still don't know why anybody is buying FB stock. These old portfolio mgrs are clueless although they're starting to realize...and retail investors are clueless too.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
@Nudie I hate bbry unless its a short. I hate video game companies as well. I don't know enough about gm and jamba juice.

Edit: Tesla has been on too much of a run, how much higher can it go?

Tesla has been on this run due to the short interest. It was at about 45% when the run started and now its still high ...around 35-40% though. The fact remains that while companies in its industry have sales in the hundred billions and operating incomes in the billions...that Tesla is still a tiny fraction in comparison when you consider their statements. They're being treated as a growth, tech company it seems though. You guys will see when I drop the report. It'll be done today when I finish the comparable chart.

Overall I feel Tesla in the long term....let's say in 2018 has the potential to be a 15-20 billion dollar company as an OEM and car manufacturer. But the share price is ahead of it self so its too dangerous. A good strategy like I said before would be to buy and then hedge the downside with puts within the next six months. It'd allow you to profit in the long term and have huge short term gains if the bubble starts deflating.

The short interest is what's causing this bubble lol

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
To add to Tesla I'm 95% sure they'll crush estimates this quarter. If the price can get down to about 75-85 a share before mid July I'll consider going back in. The shorts will continue getting squeezed.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Look a couple pages ago hiphoplives4eva was buying it and I was telling him how the owners all sold their stock and gave up on the company months ago. They're going to zero.

Smh yea that sounds about right for him

:bryan: when Nokia implodes