Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
@GoogleMe eBay is also very intriguing though no? What does the chart say

Well, as you know, there are many ways to skin a cat. At first glance, the chart looks really ugly. Their Annual Shareholders Meeting is to be held tomorrow and it's worth noting that insiders have sold/exercised $2.1m worth of stock in the last week. Not sure if apart of 10b5-1 plans?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Well in Canada there are some pretty tight laws regarding leverage and equities. For example I don't think I can even get more than (generously) 4:1 leverage on any given stock and I would need a minimum of 25k in the account at any given time to open a short position so even if I had over 25k I feel like that's pretty oppressive. Forex and Futures gives you leverage like 50:1 etc which speeds up the week lets say.

How do you plan to cover that if you're wrong? You know you have to back it up with something right?

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
How do you plan to cover that if you're wrong? You know you have to back it up with something right?
well you gotta put in stop losses and closely monitor your gwap. My risk tolerance is pretty high and I'm gonna get to work with 5 figures so with 10k you can control 500k worth I don't wan't to but still the option is there.

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
Well in Canada there are some pretty tight laws regarding leverage and equities. For example I don't think I can even get more than (generously) 4:1 leverage on any given stock and I would need a minimum of 25k in the account at any given time to open a short position so even if I had over 25k I feel like that's pretty oppressive. Forex and Futures gives you leverage like 50:1 etc which speeds up the week lets say.

Are you just starting out? If so, why do you need leverage?

The ccy market is akin to index futures in that is extremely luquid. Believe it or not, the market structure of U.S. stock markets is the most complex in the world. Of course only large and VERY short-term traders take this into consideration, but latency advantages, order type variations, pricing schemes, maker/taker fees make equities less attractive than futures and currencies when it comes to complexity.

I still think stocks are the way to go for the little guys like us. Your process is all you have, and playing with margin/leverage in futures/ccys can be costly and risky without a method.

just a student of the game, going to start trading in CFD's and CC's hopefully this month. I wish I knew more about stock trading. The irony is everyone thinks of stocks when they think of trading and yet I don't actually have a grasp on which stocks to trade to make money :sas2:

I'm more into day trading/scalping with a macro bias.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Are you just starting out? If so, why do you need leverage?

The ccy market is akin to index futures in that is extremely luquid. Believe it or not, the market structure of U.S. stock markets is the most complex in the world. Of course only large and VERY short-term traders take this into consideration, but latency advantages, order type variations, pricing schemes, maker/taker fees make equities less attractive than futures and currencies when it comes to complexity.

I still think stocks are the way to go for the little guys like us. Your process is all you have, and playing with margin/leverage in futures/ccys can be costly and risky without a method.

I'm just starting out but I've been studying markets and paper trading for over a year. I actually used to trade penny stocks a few years ago but I did deep study in the last year almost daily. I woke up basically every day to catch the 4 am open :lolbron:

I feel that securities has a lot of cool little loopholes and shyt like that I want to learn like you just explicated to me. I wish I could get more depth in that subject. I'm not scared of leverage because I'm pretty happy with the capital I'm gonna expend and l feel like I have as deep a knowledge as any beginning trader could have. Definitely look forward to building with you in the future, do you have any equities related links I could read up?

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
Lil tip: If I strongly believe a stock is preparing to crash/dump I will short and and buy the same amount of shares so that when the time comes I'm not scrambling to reserve shares to short on a hard to borrow stock.

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
AMZN and TSLA trading higher. TSLA has R at 194.5 and then needs to close the gap at 197.25 after that