Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
@Brady Hoke's Artery do you trade at all on the sgx? Wanted to buy some shares there. Today I called my bank and they only trade on US exchanges.

:rudy:

@Domingo Halliburton what are some vanguard funds to follow?

this is for a passive investor. This is what your retirement funds do.

I dont remember the ticker symbols or exact names but they're close enough.

-total US stock market
-total world stocks ex-US
-vanguard bond index (BND)
-vanguard REIT etf (VNQ)

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

-total US stock market
-vanguard REIT etf (VNQ)

Thanks. I need to work on my 401k this year to offset taxes.

Also have you played with foreign bonds at all?

Daps
Reppin
NYC

-total US stock market
-vanguard REIT etf (VNQ)
If your time horizon is long enough, I like their small-cap ETF called VB. Small-cap outperforms S&P in the long-run by a significant margin, but it obviously suffers the most during a sell-off in the market. If you can withstands those inevitable losses, its the best option for someone that's young IMO.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
If your time horizon is long enough, I like their small-cap ETF called VB. Small-cap outperforms S&P in the long-run by a significant margin, but it obviously suffers the most during a sell-off in the market. If you can withstands those inevitable losses, its the best option for someone that's young IMO.

yeah there's certainly more I could of added. That's the lazy 3 or 4 fund portfolio.

look up how burton malkiel does it in random walk down wall street. That's the ultimate passive portfolio @88m3

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
yeah there's certainly more I could of added. That's the lazy 3 or 4 fund portfolio.

look up how burton malkiel does it in random walk down wall street. That's the ultimate passive portfolio @88m3

Thanks, I'll pick it up when I order Picketty's book to see what all the hype is about.

Hmm interesting. I'll do some reading, thanks. My goal is to put 2/3k into the market a month for the year. One thing I know I need to do is max out my 401k roth :dry:
Is the roth still the go to? I work for myself.

Any other thoughts?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
yes and no, they're efficient enough. I've seen enough stats that I'm not sure I'd ever have my money managed by some guy.
So would you say that fundamental and technical analysis is useless or does that efficiency derive from so many people within the marketing making use of those techniques? Seems to me like playing around with charts doing TA is usually bullshyt.

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

110 a share might be a little too rich for my blood.

I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable spending more than 60 a share.

I've been buying shares of GE the last few months.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
110 a share might be a little too rich for my blood.

I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable spending more than 60 a share.

I've been buying shares of GE the last few months.
The listed price of a stock doesnt really say anything about its value standing alone breh. I dont see a reason for any hesitation.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
So would you say that fundamental and technical analysis is useless or does that efficiency derive from so many people within the marketing making use of those techniques? Seems to me like playing around with charts doing TA is usually bullshyt.

I think the fundamentals mean a lot. I find technical analysis to be mostly bullshyt.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DANG getting cooked... I want to ask 7oclock for his take on it but I guess he's banned?