Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
Live Nation and KKD refuse to go down. As soon as my money is trasnferred over to my new broker from my friends account I'm buying LYV and KKD again.

Sorry breh, but that doesn't sound like a good strategy. Besides it being up, why do you think they are sound investments going forward? There is likely a bright person out there who could very well make a short case. Do the stocks offer growth prospects at a discounted value? Do the sectors allow for future growth? What is your target price? Where is your risk? What is your time-frame? Imho, I think it is important to ask these questions, along with many others, before putting your hard-earned $ at risk. I'm not a professional, but I think pros tend to think in this manner.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Sorry breh, but that doesn't sound like a good strategy. Besides it being up, why do you think they are sound investments going forward? There is likely a bright person out there who could very well make a short case. Do the stocks offer growth prospects at a discounted value? Do the sectors allow for future growth? What is your target price? Where is your risk? What is your time-frame? Imho, I think it is important to ask these questions, along with many others, before putting your hard-earned $ at risk. I'm not a professional, but I think pros tend to think in this manner.

Im a prospective ibanker breh. Ive had interviews with 2 top 10 m&a shops and im a finance student i know what im doing. Breh there was a reason I invested in live nation in the first place. I actually drafted an equity research report that I'll show you sometime. I'm drunk right now though

I got in live nation originally in march at 12.42 a share. Look where it is now. I've lived through the ups and downs since then I ain't investing on a whim

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
Im a prospective ibanker breh. Ive had interviews with 2 top 10 m&a shops and im a finance student i know what im doing. Breh there was a reason I invested in live nation in the first place. I actually drafted an equity research report that I'll show you sometime. I'm drunk right now though

I got in live nation originally in march at 12.42 a share. Look where it is now. I've lived through the ups and downs since then I ain't investing on a whim

Just to clarify, I wasn't questioning your credentials. IB is tough, so good luck with that. It did not seem like you had a thesis from the looks of the post I responded to. Anyways, seems like you are on the right path. :obama:

WeDemBoyz

All Star
Daps

:ohhh:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
@StraightUpFly, @Domingo Halliburton, @Hiphoplives4eva

How dare ya'll doubt me :snoop:

I'm gonna put ya'll on some game, you shoulda known from the facebook post that I dont fukk around. Anyways heres a taste...I didnt go too in depth with this one though cause it was my first back in April. Click the link below and scroll down for page one. If you like what you see ...download.

I only cover companies in the Media/Entertainment, Technology, Food, and Retail industries as an FYI. Ya'll want me to look at a company feel free to hook me up cause I'm looking for companies to research.

http://pdfcast.org/pdf/lyv

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You think krispy kreme can grow?

Krispy Kreme has actually been a loser for me thus far. I bought in at 14.70 and its around 13.20 now. But I think that its been unfairly down in the past month or so. One big contributor to it was one measely Downgrade (with a reaffirmed target price :mindblown:) and the CFO selling his shares in a large block throughout 3 days. It really drove the price down. Silly overreactions and that was during a day the markets were down too...drove the price down about 8% in one day (13% in three days) to 12.5 for no damn reason. No news or anything, just due to the oversupply cause by the insider transaction and the downgrade from Buy to Hold. I was gonna buy more shares at 12.53 but decided not to so I could buy Amaya Gaming shares.

Looking at KKD I could only look at financial statements because they have a VERY VERY limited presence in Toronto and Canada. I am a very fundamental investor, the type who will go to shops and check activity to see how it compares to past years, check news daily etc etc. Nonetheless the balance sheet is very healthy. KKD needs to improve its margins though and if they can they can easily be a $2B firm. Doughnuts are a lot more expensive to produce than Coffee and even other deserts like Muffins/Cookies. Thats why Dunkin has a higher value. People go to dunkin for the coffee and KKD for the doughnuts but KKD is really trying to strengthen its non-doughnut lineup (coffee is only about 10% of revenue right now...for dunkin its like 80% or some shyt I forgot). We'll see this earnings release on Thursday. I'll be very disappointed if I cant buy shares in time :(.

But yea...
Evercore Partners
Live Nation Ent.
Amaya Gaming

These are not your typical SP500 or defense stocks. All my picks thus far have volumes below 2 Million and not much news to cover them These are diamonds I have found in the dirt and all have yielded 12-25% gain for me in the matter of 2.5 months. :manny:

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Excuse my ignorance brehs, but can someone hit me with some bullet points on getting started? The most I've done is mutual funds, but haven't been contributing lately. I'm looking to pick my investing back up now. I'll do some research of course, but basic tips would be appreciated.

1) What site does everyone use? I glanced at ETrade, but I'm sure there are a lot of options.

2) What should I expect in terms of fees and getting started?

3) Could you give me a breakdown of your current daily/weekly/monthly philosophy or courses of action when making your investments?

Thanks brehs. Glad we have threads like this.