Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Crypto dumping

ya man when crypto dumps it gets very nasty...at least with traditional stocks...if you’re in with decent companies you can expect a rebound whether it takes days or years...with crypto you don’t know if the run on a shytcoin is finally over with no hope of bouncing back...just checked CMC and shyt is brutal lol smh

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Tesla wasn’t added to the S&P?

:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:
If this damages it enough I'll shift some of my BND shares to TSLA. In the end TSLA will be a part of the S&P500. Might not be today but it will happen. At some point if the better of scenarios plays out it could be in the DOW 30.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
Barring any real market pullbacks that allow me to buy into stocks at actual discounted rates, I’m gonna hold off on putting more cash into the market. Maybe until after the election. Outside of LMND and SPACs I’m not seeing any real “deals” out there. The shyt that happened this week and gave people cold feet wasn’t even a real drop or correction. People calling 5-6% dips in the market a crash is kinda ridiculous in my opinion. If I can’t get anything that’s under my current cost basis then I’m cool with keeping the rest of my cash on the side until I can really put it to work.

Starski

Superstar
Daps
Daily Briefing - September 4, 2020 | Real Vision

30 minutes listen, explains the how softbank's (How the fukk Masayoshi has a job idk) options activity moves markets. *Need an understanding of the greeks to follow along, starts around 9:00 mins

@Rickdogg44

Gold/Cyrpto/Equities (stock) have been pos. correlated after the deflationary dump in feb/march due to everyone and they mom expecting massive inflation. Rightfully so, once we were at 2500 SPX the dollar started dumping and as im sure you know we at ATH's. Here is the thing though, last few weeks the Dollar (DXY) has been basing itself in a tight range, ironically at the same time the unemployment benefits end.

During equities dumps every thing gets liquidated to cover margin calls, so gold and other commodities get hit. People tend to want CASH and by extension bonds during these breif periods when things get real hectic.

The two types of support of the economy system, monetary (The FED/ QE/ Repo/ ect.) and Fiscal (Gov. spending).

The theory is that monetary is not as inflationary as it seems, rather it simply distorts prices, and that fiscal is the true inflationary power. I think we see a feb/march sell off again, not as long lasting but same principle. (EVERTHING gets liquidated and people rush to dollars). Both dems/repubs have interest market stability, and after a market dump is when more fiscal stimulus comes out. :yeshrug:

fukk all that where the tsla calls at :mjlit:

EDIT: Tinfoil hat hot take.... Softbank did this to drive up the price of NAS, and therefore all their holding companies will receive richer valuations....wouldn't be the first time :mjpls:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
What ARK ETFs do you own? @Serious
arkf
arkg
arkk
arkw

Lowkey I've been looking at arkq like did I:

bbd30a594217276d6df9026130a45229.gif

Since it's doing sowell. It's a robotics etf. Automation is taking off, so it seems like the next logical step...

CNBC brought something to my attention the other day. I could see ARKF getting ANT. That would be massive. They already buy OTC equities and other equities from foreign markets. So I see no reason why they wouldnt add ANT to their ETF.

ARK is the ETF vanguard of our generation.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Daily Briefing - September 4, 2020 | Real Vision

30 minutes listen, explains the how softbank's (How the fukk Masayoshi has a job idk) options activity moves markets. *Need an understanding of the greeks to follow along, starts around 9:00 mins

@Rickdogg44

Gold/Cyrpto/Equities (stock) have been pos. correlated after the deflationary dump in feb/march due to everyone and they mom expecting massive inflation. Rightfully so, once we were at 2500 SPX the dollar started dumping and as im sure you know we at ATH's. Here is the thing though, last few weeks the Dollar (DXY) has been basing itself in a tight range, ironically at the same time the unemployment benefits end.

During equities dumps every thing gets liquidated to cover margin calls, so gold and other commodities get hit. People tend to want CASH and by extension bonds during these breif periods when things get real hectic.

The two types of support of the economy system, monetary (The FED/ QE/ Repo/ ect.) and Fiscal (Gov. spending).

The theory is that monetary is not as inflationary as it seems, rather it simply distorts prices, and that fiscal is the true inflationary power. I think we see a feb/march sell off again, not as long lasting but same principle. (EVERTHING gets liquidated and people rush to dollars). Both dems/repubs have interest market stability, and after a market dump is when more fiscal stimulus comes out. :yeshrug:

fukk all that where the tsla calls at :mjlit:

EDIT: Tinfoil hat hot take.... Softbank did this to drive up the price of NAS, and therefore all their holding companies will receive richer valuations....wouldn't be the first time :mjpls:

Yeah I took that article as a pump scheme. SoftBank pumping up their own holdings by buying options forcing market makers to buy stock in order to hedge thus driving up prices. To me it says this increase over the past month was largely bullshyt and manufactured. Imo