Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
To all of my tsla bears here, when a dip/correction does come, what do you think we are looking at? 10%? 15%?

It's up almost 100% since the split was announced, it could have a 30% correction and you'd still be up 70% headed into the long term where there are plenty of catalysts.. I wouldn't buy much more at this level.. but I wouldn't be selling it all either

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
man, they need to allow you to invest in etf's in your 401k. the funds they offer are weak sauce. i'm in stuck between rolling old 401k's into my current one (which means limited investment options) or put it in my rollover IRA which fukks me from a tax perspective when trying to do a backdoor Roth IRA conversion :snoop:
401K's are straight trash.

If my employer wasnt offering a matching percentage, I wouldn't do it.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I mean I saw your post where you said you grew it to $50,000 but some of your posts really do leave me :mindblown:
Apple is over valued is what he's trying to say, he's right. In my honest opinion Microsoft should be worth more than apple. You will see what I mean once AI and ioT really become mainstream, Azure ain't no joke. Same applies to Amazon and AWS. Nvidia, Amazon, and Microsoft finna be the most valuable tech companies in 3-5 years.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
To all of my tsla bears here, when a dip/correction does come, what do you think we are looking at? 10%? 15%?
Even more than that. Once people start taking profits since a lot of this stuff Elon is promising won't be viable until 5 years from now, expect a 20 percent drop tbh. The last Tesla catalyst is in early October, after that it's back to reality.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

nah, they still have a tax advantage. that's nearly $20k i knock off my income to lower my tax base. but they need a revamp, need access to ways to get higher growth in them (something the government doesn't want to see for the middle class who relies on these)

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
people want to own whole shares, especially older investors. this fractional shyt is only popular with younger investors, it literally was made as a way for our broke ass generation to get in the market. and $100+/share stocks are still out of reach for many investors anyway

people kill me with the expense ratio thing, you could have a million invested and that's only $300 year, aint nobody sweating .02-.08% on ETFs
Yeah that fractional shyt for the birds. Why I hate penny’s.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I don’t mind it. It’s my security blanket. My shyt almost 100k and I only deposit 9% of my paycheck into it. I don’t even notice that missing..

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Apple is over valued is what he's trying to say, he's right. In my honest opinion Microsoft should be worth more than apple. You will see what I mean once AI and ioT really become mainstream, Azure ain't no joke. Same applies to Amazon and AWS. Nvidia, Amazon, and Microsoft finna be the most valuable tech companies in 3-5 years.
i agree that MSFT should be worth more, but that just goes to my point about tech not making fundamental sense re: share pricing. like why is coupa priced at 340/share for a company doing $250M in revenue vs MSFT ($220) doing $125B? NOW trades at damn near $500 on $3.6B in revenue, is in the same space CRM - the market leader that's still growing, more diversified - doing $13B in sales but priced at $270/share. i dont get how some of the larger companies are having the entirety of their ecosystems overlooked while point solutions trade at 30x

Last edited:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
nah, they still have a tax advantage. that's nearly $20k i knock off my income to lower my tax base. but they need a revamp, need access to ways to get higher growth in them (something the government doesn't want to see for the middle class who relies on these)
I have a side business that isn't "profitable" for that reason.

I just looked at my 401-K and saw that the large cap growth stock is performing very well @ 40%.

Bout to make my profile a lot more aggressive: :lolbron:

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
i agree that MSFT should be worth more, but that just goes to my point about tech not making fundamental sense re: share pricing. like why is coupa priced at 340/share for a company doing $250M in revenue vs MSFT doing $125B? NOW trades at damn near $500 on $3.6B in revenue, is in the same space SFDC - the market leader that's still growing, more diversified - doing $13B in sales but priced at $270/share. i dont get how some of the larger companies are having the entirety of their ecosystems overlooked while point solutions trade at 30x
Stock valuations are based around hype right now. A lot of people feel like they missed out from stocks such as Tesla. For example, I have a friend that went from 500$ to 70,000 off Tesla from the last two months alone off options. That's wild. People buying stocks that they think will make them rich as well. FOMO. Thank social media for that as well (mostly Twitter and TikTok). You also got all these "buy this stock NOW!" idiots on youtube as well.

Right now I'm only buying Microsoft, Nvidia, Amazon, Cisco,Oracle, BABA, Baidu, and JD. Everything else just looks like a bubble to me. Might buy in to Bank of America once smart money decides to sell off tech stocks. Bank of America Leaps are insanely cheap right now. You can buy a call 1 year from now slightly outside the money for 200 dollars :deadrose:. Once liquidity starts flowing again that contract might be worth 2000$ +:banderas:

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: ill