Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
man, they need to allow you to invest in etf's in your 401k. the funds they offer are weak sauce. i'm in stuck between rolling old 401k's into my current one (which means limited investment options) or put it in my rollover IRA which fukks me from a tax perspective when trying to do a backdoor Roth IRA conversion :snoop:

Ima need to find out about this tax thing cuz I got a roth ira and most importantly a rollover ira with the biggest part of my investment holdings overall. :patrice:

Thats if they tax us poor folks on what you are referring to. :lupe:

Not that I'm tryna cheat the IRS or anything if anyone listening. :whoa:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this article is a few weeks old

but based on a couple “averages”

this fri. the 4th would be a great date for S&P 500 inclusion for tesla :yeshrug:

When Will Tesla Be Added to the S&P 500?

...we can see that on average, the announcement of inclusion happened 43 days after these companies' last earnings report, and 39 days after their last quarterly or annual filing.

Using the average from all companies would suggest sometime around September 4th.

Distribution by day is relatively consistent, with Friday being most likely and Tuesday being least likely.

interesting read...just speculating for fun :cool:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
DKNG is holding up surprisingly well. Either most people are holding for the long term anyways or they don't believe the players will cancel the season.

There's also the fact that NFL is starting in a week or so and that's their biggest money maker and it doesn't look like they will strike
Today, DraftKings (Nasdaq: DKNG) welcomed Michael Jordan as a special advisor to the company’s board of directors. The NBA Hall of Fame inductee, six-time NBA Finals MVP and Chairman of Hornets Sports & Entertainment has agreed to take an equity interest in DraftKings in exchange for providing guidance and strategic advice to the board of directors on key business initiatives undertaken by the sports technology and entertainment company that went public earlier this year.

Michael Jordan Joins DraftKings as Special Advisor to the Board
tumblr_nwbfpoHcnU1qgwx8yo1_400.gifv

Given the past rumors, does MJ really need to be involved with a gambling company like that though :patrice:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:damn: I've been waiting for it to drop some more :to: I was going to have 50 / 50 split of LCA and DKNG :to:
I was stopped out on my initial trade yesterday but the chart still looked good so I set a buy stop order and was filled 5 minutes before the close. I'm glad I did because I had a tighter stop so I bought 5 options instead of 3:

9pnbjbt.png

I got shaken out of a NFLX call last week the day before it popped 11% :manny:. Gotta just find the next chart that looks good.