Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Stock valuations are based around hype right now. A lot of people feel like they missed out from stocks such as Tesla. For example, I have a friend that went from 500$ to 70,000 off Tesla from the last two months alone off options. That's wild. People buying stocks that they think will make them rich as well. FOMO. Thank social media for that as well (mostly Twitter and TikTok). You also got all these "buy this stock NOW!" idiots on youtube as well.

Right now I'm only buying Microsoft, Nvidia, Amazon, Cisco,Oracle, BABA, Baidu, and JD. Everything else just looks like a bubble to me. Might buy in to Bank of America once smart money decides to sell off tech stocks. Bank of America Leaps are insanely cheap right now. You can buy a call 1 year from now slightly outside the money for 200 dollars :deadrose:. Once liquidity starts flowing again that contract might be worth 2000$ +:banderas:

:dead: what options play did he do? do you know?

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
:dead: what options play did he do? do you know?
He bought random calls on Tesla. They are too expensive right now but sometime around before the space launch they were around 400 dollars a piece close to the money. Now one call is like 9k :deadrose:. Anyone who got into Tesla Options before mid June and held made a shyt ton of money. I'm talking up 10,000% from one contract alone:heh:. Kinda late now:yeshrug:. The next move might be BAC once the sector rotation starts. Tech boom can't last forever :francis:. He pretty much benefited from the increase in implied volatility of Tesla options.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Even more than that. Once people start taking profits since a lot of this stuff Elon is promising won't be viable until 5 years from now, expect a 20 percent drop tbh. The last Tesla catalyst is in early October, after that it's back to reality.

It depends. That's the last catalyst that we know of but there will be 4th quarter earnings, more china reports and then the Cybertruck roll out. It's hard to say what is priced in or not. One thing I do know is that I wouldn't expect it to continuously outperform other tech stocks...

what I'm saying is don't put your eggs all in one basket.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
QQQ :damn::wow:

nikkas that ain't running plays off QQQ is pouring so much jelly. Make that ARKK and ARKW too.
Got a little greedy and rolled my QQQ calls up to 300 from 295. It just keeps moving up :obama:.

the way i see is that stocks like this fundamentally changes the game. not just the car industry or whatever the industry they tryna be in.

and fuk fundamentals. its all about the way these innovative companies shape the future of the mankind.

Be careful with that logic, though. Reminds me of 1999 when the stock bubble was going crazy and everyone was talking about what they called "The New Economy" :
New economy - Wikipedia

Newspapers and business leaders[which?] were starting to talk of new business models. Some[who?] even claimed that the old laws of economics did not apply anymore and that new laws had taken their place[citation needed]. They also claimed that improvements in computer hardware and software would dramatically change the future, and that information is the most important value in the new economy.

Of course, the crash that followed was so bad it wiped out a lot of paper "millionaires" overnight.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Got a little greedy and rolled my QQQ calls up to 300 from 295. It just keeps moving up :obama:.

Be careful with that logic, though. Reminds me of 1999 when the stock bubble was going crazy and everyone was talking about what they called "The New Economy" :
New economy - Wikipedia

Of course, the crash that followed was so bad it wiped out a lot of paper "millionaires" overnight.

QQQ currently at $302 AH

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
ya I feel like dudes are jumping the gun early with battery day still a few weeks out

If you bought Tesla on 8/12 it's up 60% since then.

It's not realistic to expect that kind of return to continue.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Tsla ain't the only one, look at NVIDIA, AMD about to explode too

I have ARKK and ARKW, one hits a new all time high every other day

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you bought Tesla on 8/12 it's up 60% since then.

It's not realistic to expect that kind of return to continue.

60% return or bust aren’t the only 2 ways this can play out

simply said I think it’s too early to bail with battery day still on the horizon

we’ll see how it plays out leading up to the 22nd :cool: