Reppin
Atlanta

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
So the reason why I switched out of pennies was because I took some L's.

When I first start "trading" i never lost any money swinging blue chip companies or big tech like AMD, at best i broke even. With pennies, while I could make money in a fraction of the time I could also loose it all just as quickly. And let's face it there's nothing worse than having your money sit in a stock, that you have no idea of it's real practical use or market.

Over a 2 month span, i basically turned 2k into 8k, but lost 2k to pennies. While I was making more than I was losing, I had enough foresight to know that i was basically on a crash course until I corrected.

Now I sleep easy at night, making money at a much slower place, because I know my investments are legit and will pay off in the next 3-5 years.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Wonder if that could have an effect on my GLD and SLV.

Of course it will. When the Oracle of Omaha moves ppl follow and him hopping into metals is reassurance of what ppl were saying about gold and silver. There's more legs up for both imo

Last edited:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
I own all of those companies. 50 shares each of T, WBA, and RTX. 40 shares of ABBV. 31 shares on INTC. 20 shares of XOM.

Once I get INTC to 50 shares. I plan to either get KO to 50 from my current 24 or focus on getting JNJ up from my current 13 shares to at least 20.

Really my goal it to get all 18 positions in my portfolio up to a minimum of 50 shares. Right now it’s just 5. The ones listed and Uber (95) then VZ (50).

Why do you do manage it by share count instead of dollar amount?

Last edited:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
to my coli gangs

my financial philosophy is

Stay debt free.
Live minimally.
Invest every penny.

Staying debt free is the hardest brehs. cuz people tend to accumulate debts again and again. i see nikkas payoff credit cards and then spend them again. pay off a car and then finance another. its like a diet. people lose weight and then gain it all back. Living minimal is the new way of life. become a nikka who gets a kick out of saving $. don't let your friend influence your life style. i live like a broke ass nikka and i only worry about on accumulating assets. i don't acquire depreciating assets such as cars. everyday all i ever care about is how to increase $ in my asset column. its my new drug. stay disciplined. and Invest everything you got. every little penny. and there will be a day you will enjoy your hard earned wealth.

if you be SLI, you will accumulate wealth.
be SLI my friend.

SLI + GMB 4 life :wow:

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I know it may be small but these things add up... (regarding eating out / savings)

Try and pay attention to the credit card offerings throughout the year. They may have 5% - 10% rebates for certain places. Or like currently with AMEX i get $5 off for spending $10+ small business deal ... I can do this ten times. All you have to do is "add it" to your card. The discipline is not to use it just because... but if you are going to get something from that spot already - might as well get that discount :manny:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Bought at 120 Wednesday, and I have a limit to sell when it doubles to 240. Looks like it might actually hit the limit any minute now.

Buying calls that expire the same week is just TOO stressful for me ever since COVID made the market go crazy. You'll give yourself a heart attack that way.
You want to take your money away from Tesla? why?

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Why do you do manage it by share count instead of dollar amount?
all those shares pay dividends so the more shares he has, the more dividends he gets paid on a quarterly basis. It makes sense to go by share amount...although i am curious as to the avg price point on each:patrice:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
all those shares pay dividends so the more shares he has, the more dividends he gets paid on a quarterly basis. It makes sense to go by share amount...although i am curious as to the avg price point on each:patrice:

my question was more about setting a target number for the number of stocks he owns. like 50 is a target number.

for example, @winb83 target is 50 shares for each of his 18 positions, but 50 shares of abbv is worth way more than 50 shares of T in terms of dollar value and the yield % of a stock is calculated the same.

i guess i look at my portfolio and say i want BYND to be 5% of my portfolio and if i have 80k in my account that's 4k i will spend towards bynd then work on building my other positions. i'm just curious and not judging his method.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Watching the latest FE on a Friday night - you know you are old :flabbynsick:

fukk it breh I was home from dinner by 8pm tonight I'm not feeling these places with all the covid, I'm good :manny: There is nothing out there right now more important to me than stocks, I read as much as I can :manny:

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Honestly this is the most I’ve seen you post outside of the hawks thread
Yeh. I really only post in Hawks/Basketball. Sometime Falcons, UGA, Braves and random sports ones. Since the Hawks are out of the bubble and sports are kinda dead ... :manny: I've become an old head with regard to music. 90's and 00's. I can't keep up with the new stuff anymore since I don't have an hour drive to and from work to listen to top songs of day.

I still lurk and read others (i don't know how some of yall do all these threads lol)... but I've been entrenching myself in this the past three months. Financial freedom is just a goal I've always had. I jelly'd myself by not getting in during April/May. But hindsight... :to: