Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
Senate on recess till after labor day. No deal. No more ppp money.

How are we not crashing before they come back?

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yall talking my language in here today. I threw up a budgeting thread a while ago:

COVID 2020 update
I averaged April + May & updated my budget:
mDVe8YE.png

* I included my company match in my savings this time around so there is an additional bump compared to prior budgets
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/share-your-budget-with-the-coli.744965/

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This discussion y'all having, it's absolute fact that eating out all the time and doing the club shyt or if you're actually takin these women out to places is a killer.

Only thing I do on that list is buy new cars because that's the one thing on the list where I feel like I want to drive in a little bit of luxury but I can afford to do it and my last ride I put down over 50% I'm about to trade it into something else the value of the car is way more than what I have left to pay on it.

This all started when I bought a Nissan way back when I was a kid basically for nothing and I flipped the Nissan for more money than I bought it for two years prior in a private sale. I just keep rolling money over into new whips. It works for me.
My mom gave me a car for free and I drove it for 7 years until it fell apart. I had that $10K saved up for a car and decided I wanted to get a CPO car with a warranty. In retrospect it was probably a mistake but I did make sure I got a car I could easily afford even though I was tempted to get an even better car. I really could have got a car for that cash I had though.

I'm not a car guy so that helps. As long as it gets me where I'm going mostly problem free I'm good. It also helps that my job provides a vehicle I drive for them so I don't put much wear and tear on my personal car. My car now has like 25,000 miles on it.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
budgeting has been life changing for me as well. i wish i had someone with some financial sense to talk to me about saving and investing when i was younger. shoot, if i had started just 5 years ago i could've been sitting on a good amount of equity by now. all i know is i'm drilling it into my kids head that it doesn't necessarily matter how much you make, but how much you spend.

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I agree. Same day call is even worse. You can literally blow up your account in seconds. Would not advise
Plus, what happens when its 3PM and TSLA is at 1699 :lupe:.
Especially if you're working from home and have to do actual WORK?
Similar things have happened to me

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
budgeting has been life changing for me as well. i wish i had someone with some financial sense to talk to me about saving and investing when i was younger. shoot, if i had started just 5 years ago i could've been sitting on a good amount of equity by now. all i know if i'm drilling it into my kids head that it doesn't necessarily matter how much you make, but how much you spend.

Share your knowledge with as many family and friends as you can. That’s the point of threads like this. Expand your mind and then give some of that knowledge back to your community. That’s how we can all build upwards. If you can get through to even a few people, it will have life long and possibly generational benefits.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
That last little bit of run up into earnings for DKNG was likely pumpers but you had to know the earnings would be bad and some people would panic. All I wanted to see is the guidance and look, I still think DKNG is the leader in the space when it's all set and done. You don't have to 'choose' one or another though, all these companies are going to be very profitable in the future.

long term, DKNG aint going nowhere. but short term, i feel like LCA will pop like a mofo. DKNG is too sports dependent. its just gonna be up and down for awhile I feel.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
long term, DKNG aint going nowhere. but short term, i feel like LCA will pop like a mofo. DKNG is too sports dependent. its just gonna be up and down for awhile I feel.

I'm with you. LCA only has about 5% sports exposure. The rest of their business is dedicated to iGAMING sector, we are talking virtual dealers and other games that become addictive and you know what that means, it brings out the degenerates they don't even have to leave the house.

DKNG in the short term is going to be very dependent on what the NFL does. We know the NFL will try to play. If the NFL can get through a season DKNG earnings will be through the roof.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
I'm with you. LCA only has about 5% sports exposure. The rest of their business is dedicated to iGAMING sector, we are talking virtual dealers and other games that become addictive and you know what that means, it brings out the degenerates they don't even have to leave the house.

DKNG in the short term is going to be very dependent on what the NFL does. We know the NFL will try to play. If the NFL can get through a season DKNG earnings will be through the roof.

exactly. i should've loaded up more when it dipped to $11 range. my avg is like $13.5 ill buy DKNG when it dips more. i think it will.

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
i'm gonna have to transfer some money from my ally savings and put it somewhere useful. it feels like putting it in dividend value stock is the best deal right now.
literally just pulled funds and waiting for value dividend plays such exxon, mcdonalds, at&t, intel, apple, coke where i know my money is relatively safe. Just need to strike a good price point i feel comfortable with

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
literally just pulled funds and waiting for value dividend plays such exxon, mcdonalds, at&t, intel, apple, coke where i know my money is relatively safe. Just need to strike a good price point i feel comfortable with
I'd stay away from Exxon. They're tossing everything but the kitchen sink trying to save that dividend but I really doubt they can.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
to my coli gangs

my financial philosophy is

Stay debt free.
Live minimally.
Invest every penny.

Staying debt free is the hardest brehs. cuz people tend to accumulate debts again and again. i see nikkas payoff credit cards and then spend them again. pay off a car and then finance another. its like a diet. people lose weight and then gain it all back. Living minimal is the new way of life. become a nikka who gets a kick out of saving $. don't let your friend influence your life style. i live like a broke ass nikka and i only worry about on accumulating assets. i don't acquire depreciating assets such as cars. everyday all i ever care about is how to increase $ in my asset column. its my new drug. stay disciplined. and Invest everything you got. every little penny. and there will be a day you will enjoy your hard earned wealth.

if you be SLI, you will accumulate wealth.
be SLI my friend.

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
to my coli gangs

my financial philosophy is

Stay debt free.
Live minimally.
Invest every penny.

Staying debt free is the hardest brehs. cuz people tend to accumulate debts again and again. i see nikkas payoff credit cards and then spend them again. pay off a car and then finance another. its like a diet. people lose weight and then gain it all back. Living minimal is the new way of life. become a nikka who gets a kick out of saving $. don't let your friend influence your life style. i live like a broke ass nikka and i only worry about how to accumulate assets. i don't acquire depreciating assets such as cars. stay disciplined. and Invest everything you got. every little penny.

if you be SLI, you will accumulate wealth.
be SLI my friend.

nice...add an M for make more money lol :cool: