Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
What the fukk? Nah this old man is delusional if he wants us to pay more money on our stock profits. :gucci:

Its gonna kill the market and deter investments in some companies if the taxes are gonna be that high.
:mjlol: Breh this type of logic, is up there with people who vote against their own interest.

Stop protecting the filthy rich, this is disgusting :beli:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
And what will raising capital gains taxes on the filthy rich do? :patrice:
First of all I think the 40%, is just the first outrage offer, it's probably get negotiated to a lower rate.

Next where are they going put their money. Stock market is still best place to put money. Putting money in savings account is losing money.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
First of all I think the 40%, is just the first outrage offer, it's probably get negotiated to a lower rate.

Next where are they going put their money. Stock market is still best place to put money. Putting money in savings account is losing money.
yeah it definitely is. i just want to know how losing 40% of my profit to punish the filthy rich works? isn't capital gains tax the tax you pay when you sell the stock for a win? so if i buy a stock for $10 and sell it for $20 then I only get $16 cuz of the capital gains tax?

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
"Joe Biden wants to impose the highest capital gains tax rate since the Jimmy Carter era known for its economic stagnation," according to a press release from the group. "Biden wants to take the current capital gains tax rate of 20 percent and double it to 39.6 percent. That's the highest rate since 1977, when the highest possible capital gains rate was 39.875 percent."

https://www.newsweek.com/biden-want...ains-tax-rate-since-jimmy-carter-1977-1518352

Any1 seen this? Thoughts???

it's for those who earns over 1mil

Here's what a Biden presidency might mean for your taxes

Currently, the long-term capital gains tax rate is 20% for single households with more than $441,451 in taxable income ($496,601 for married-filing-jointly) in 2020.

Biden has proposed subjecting capital gains to the same rates as ordinary income for households earning more than $1 million. In this case, they would face a levy of 39.6%.

it sucks for millionaires, but they will be just fine cuz there are so many tax loop holes.