Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I got in around $8 per share. Its got a good outlook and keeps rising. Seems like this is the actual "LCA" stock that all the LCA trumpet blowers should be up on:sas2:
LCA probably hit $100 before jumia breh.

Apple still moving.

TSLA due for a run
Shhhh stop speaking logic, I need the bears to try to short it.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I was just looking back at my original post to start this thread. There's a great lesson there in the value of investing in an exceptional growth company (Apple).

In 2012, I had 65 shares of Apple. I worked retail through college and took Employee Stock as part of my pay. I maxed out the contributions. I ended up making more on the stock gains than I did with my part time wages for the year. I think I put in 5-6k and ended up turning that into 30k. That took about 4 years to get those gains (Apple was just starting to take over everything, I started collecting shares before the iPhone came out). So lesson 1, if you have the option for stock in the company you work for, and you believe in its potential for growth - take the equity and let it work for you.

I ended up selling all my shares in late 2013/early 2014 and pocketing that 30k (25 profit) and starting a business with it. It worked out very well but in hindsight I should have left the stock sit in my account. Those 65 shares would be 455 shares after the 2014 split. That would be about $190,000 today. In 8 years I would have turned 6k into 190k. (That's a 30x+ flip) :mjcry: So lesson 2, if you have an amazing stock - don't overthink it and let it do its magic. Long term the great companies always shine.

side note: Apple Retail let you put aside I think 5-10% of your paycheck and let it go towards stock. Then they would give you 15% off the lowest price of either the start or end of the quarter. You would literally make gains instantly when they awarded your options. I still have a few friends that either work there or still have their stock and some of these dudes that were making $15/hr for years now have 3-400k in AAPL stock that they got for pennies.
I need to get a part job at amazon

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
finally opened my roth IRA:blessed:
how do guys go about investing in your retirement funds vs individual investment accounts?
I was thinking going straight ETFS (SPY,VOO,VTI) to start and probably throw in a GLD ETF:manny:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exclusive: ByteDance Offers to Forgo Stake in TikTok to Clinch U.S. Deal - Sources

By Reuters Wire Service Content • Aug. 1, 2020, at 9:26 a.m.

By Echo Wang

NEW YORK (Reuters) - China's ByteDance has agreed to divest the U.S. operations of TikTok completely in a bid to save a deal with the White House, after President Donald Trump said on Friday he had decided to ban the popular short-video app, two people familiar with the matter said on Saturday.

ByteDance was previously seeking to keep a minority stake in the U.S. business of TikTok, which the White House had rejected. Under the new proposed deal, ByteDance would exit completely and Microsoft Corp would take over TikTok in the United States, the sources said. Some ByteDance investors that are based in the United States may be given the opportunity to take minority stakes in the business, the sources added.

The White House did not respond to a request for comment on whether Trump would accept ByteDance's concession. ByteDance in Beijing did not respond to a request for comment

Under ByteDance's new proposal, Microsoft will be in charge of protecting all U.S. user data, the sources said. The plan allows for another U.S. company other than Microsoft to take over TikTok in the United States, the sources added.

Microsoft did not respond to a request for comment.
(Reporting by Echo Wang in New York; editing by Diane Craft)

Copyright 2020 Thomson Reuters.
tp.png
I’m staying up on this. Msft already fukked me no Vaseline in July. They not getting me that vulnerable again.

On a side note if we serious about trading in here we need to post more news link