Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Breh listen.. that's why you don't panic. People only read headlines and then will buy or sell, then the details come out and it's like "ohhh it wasn't that bad.."

That's why I said Netflix will probably be a good overreaction play. Charlie talks about this all the time. Like Facebook a couple weeks back. In general people who own stocks are fukking yuppie morons who sip lattes at Starbucks.

Over here on the coli were are not worried about their weak hands. Now, I'm not loading up on Netflix but do I think it will bounce back from a one day 11% sell off? Yeah I do they will get through that.
Netflix is overpriced. For every dollar they earn you have to pay $100. A good pe ratio is under 20.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Netflix is overpriced. For every dollar they earn you have to pay $100. A good pe ratio is under 20.

Whether it's overpriced or not, you can always bet on buying off an 11% sell off. It dropped all the way to 460 after earnings. Today at open it got back up to 503. I told everyone that would happen :yeshrug:

People who are actually holding Netflix can worry about whether it's going to steady decline or not.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
amzn pe ratio 142
sq pe ratio 195

ton of hot stocks are over priced :manny:

growth will continue, fundamentals be damned :yeshrug:
Not a fan of buying irrationally hot stocks because there's no obvious entry or exit points. Buy cheap and sell high rather than buy overpriced and hope it continues to go higher.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Another way to play CAKE or PLAY is to add them to a value stock M1 like I am putting together. I put up a list a few pages back. You buy up a lot of these value stocks lock them up and throw away the key. Don't touch it for a year. If they survive the pandemic you are looking at 40% all the way to 100%+ on a lot of these companies..

But you have to do your DD and make sure they have a solid balance sheet and will survive. You can always remove them from your pie and redistribute the funds back into the rest of the pie also but that takes work that you wouldn't need to do if you do your DD.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Not a fan of buying irrationally hot stocks because there's no obvious entry or exit points. Buy cheap and sell high rather than buy overpriced and hope it continues to go higher.

Breh there are some companies that it's pretty obvious they will grow because they are so big and there's nothing to replace them. If Amazon isn't a sure thing then nothing in the market is a sure thing.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
AZN: I've never liked the price action with this stock. I got in when the billion dollar funding for covid was announced weeks ago and it barely moved 3%

So I did more digging around and saw that it was trading at $50 in February before the covid crash.

After months of solid PR it is trading at $58.

It's never moved like an NVAX or Moderna. Maybe if they actually solve Covid it will move but otherwise the stock has been shyt.

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
AZN: I've never liked the price action with this stock. I got in when the billion dollar funding for covid was announced weeks ago and it barely moved 3%

So I did more digging around and saw that it was trading at $50 in February before the covid crash.

After months of solid PR it is trading at $58.

It's never moved like an NVAX or Moderna. Maybe if they actually solve Covid it will move but otherwise the stock has been shyt.
Supposedly they are releasing a research paper on monday talking about the success of their covid research for a vaccine

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
PLAY is better than CAKE for this.. PLAY routinely will spike 15-20% in a couple hours if enough people think the covid outlook is improving. Of course they've been fooled like 3-4 times now.

that too, but fundamentally CAKE is legit as it gets. they are not a bankruptcy risk.

i said same exact thing when i thought amzn was too expensive at $1300. :manny:

some stocks you just get in whenever and just keep it forever. and just dollar cost average.