Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
fukking OPTI the main one killing me today. :francis: Would've been even on 2 accounts if not for that. Nothing else to do but be patient. Had to sell a few cheap low share stocks that weren't doing anything for me and I was down already, like SCON, VIRA, and just put in an after hours for CTRM but will likely dump in the morning if it doesn't go thru. Of course M1 stocks had to be down so my mutual funds are probably down too since they rely heavily on the blue chip stocks. Even down in crypto also. Not a good day for the market. Hopefully the rest of the day eases up on the damage. :francis:
I still have an OPTI bag as well. Its been fukking trash so far. You mean to tell me it can't even gain one measly fukking penny in value:unimpressed:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bought the book "The Options Edge". I'm really about to learn how to get up in these options.....
Smart man. That’s how I make most my profit. A better more efficient way of swing trade but equally efficient way of losing money. I regret not taking profit in my aapl call that went up %100 on Monday. Now I’m hoping for %75

Learn the Greeks.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Netflix down 11% off the disappointment. This could be an oversold play right now
What was the disappointment? Was it not enough people subscribed this month? Can't have a billion new subscribers each month. :francis:

I'm getting rid of the $100 I got in my pie until this thing boils over a bit. Also getting rid of some Tesla, Amazon, Shop, and I think one or two others and waiting for all this panic to ease a bit.

Did some research and saw this:

Netflix’s results for the second quarter reflect for the first time how business looked during three full months of a pandemic. Netflix missed analyst expectations on earnings per share largely due to a one-time charge in California related to research and development tax credits. But the company beat expectations for revenue and global paid net subscribers.

Here are the key numbers:

• Earnings per share (EPS): $1.59 vs. $1.81 expected, according to Refinitiv survey of analysts
  • Revenue: $6.15 billion vs. $6.08 billion, according to Refinitiv
  • Global paid net subscriber additions: 10.09 million vs. 8.26 million expected, according to FactSet

That damn California again. :martin: Could've been ok if it wasn't for some random tax. :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Breh listen.. that's why you don't panic. People only read headlines and then will buy or sell, then the details come out and it's like "ohhh it wasn't that bad.."

That's why I said Netflix will probably be a good overreaction play. Charlie talks about this all the time. Like Facebook a couple weeks back. In general people who own stocks are fukking yuppie morons who sip lattes at Starbucks.

Over here on the coli were are not worried about their weak hands. Now, I'm not loading up on Netflix but do I think it will bounce back from a one day 11% sell off? Yeah I do they will get through that.