Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
IMO, nokia is a bad look right now, i would have waited for them to be more stable hee before i put any money into them, two things could happen , it will go really really well for them in the U.S market, or they will be forced to pull out completely

LMAO at NOK not being a good look now..:heh:

This mother is about to take off!

:blessed:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
LMAO at NOK not being a good look now..:heh:

This mother is about to take off!

:blessed:

:ufdup: its one thing to be a fan of a product but its another thing to add unnecessary hype to something that is very unstable right now and you and i both know that, difference is you want there products to succeed so bad you type and talk like a blind man

they NEED to release so many phones at once in order to make it in the U.S problem is all there phones look the same , there marketing is not all that that great and lets even start talkin about how many units there selling and what the public think of windows phone 8

in all honestly i think its very fukked that you might have hyped dude up into buying their stock, but HEY to each there own, its their own money

:patrice: i personally would have waited

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:ufdup: its one thing to be a fan of a product but its another thing to add unnecessary hype to something that is very unstable right now and you and i both know that, difference is you want there products to succeed so bad you type and talk like a blind man

they NEED to release so many phones at once in order to make it in the U.S problem is all there phones look the same , there marketing is not all that that great and lets even start talkin about how many units there selling and what the public think of windows phone 8

in all honestly i think its very fukked that you might have hyped dude up into buying their stock, but HEY to each there own, its their own money

:stopitslime:

Hey, just because your scared of investing doesn't mean everyone else needs to be. You are someone that considers Windows Phone a failure and Nokia as good as bankrupt. I categorically disagree with both of those assertions. The difference between myself and you is that I actually put my money where my mouth is.

So put up or shut up nikka. :pacspit:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Hey, just because your scared of investing doesn't mean everyone else needs to be. You are someone that considers Windows Phone a failure and Nokia as good as bankrupt. I categorically disagree with both of those assertions. The difference between myself and you is that I actually put my money where my mouth is.

I wouldn't bother with him. He's a scumbag who enjoys getting raped by the government:

http://www.the-coli.com/3969467-post18.html

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
:blessed::heh::wow:
@newarkhiphop did you overly invest in dow stocks or something?damn

Last edited by a moderator:

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

FWIW...

Nokia's About To Have A Blockbuster Week - Seeking Alpha

10:39 AM Nokia (NOK +4.5%) catches a 2-notch upgrade to Buy from Denmark's Danske Bank, and responds accordingly. The firm cites growing optimism about Nokia's debt-raising and turnaround abilities, and the improving performance of Nokia Siemens. Meanwhile, a teaser ad for an upcoming Lumia phone shows off a device with an aluminum body and large lens. Is it the Catwalk phone, or a Lumia with a 41MP PureView sensor? Either way, odds are it'll be unveiled at tomorrow's London event. Read comments

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Exactly my point, they raised them based on a trailer, imo that says a lot, here is the kicker though and something which the fanboy who shall remain nameless may or may not know is that this phone thats about to be shown is actually going to be a low end phone a filler between the high end 920 and the mid end phone for vzw that was announced last week

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:mjpls: yall believe hiphoplives4eva all you want, i put my faith in these guys

There seems to be an extra "pep in the step" of beleaguered phone giant Nokia (NYSE:NOK). Although Nokia investors speak with glowing confidence following Nokia's first-quarter earnings report, investors are too quickly to forget that the stock is actually down 13% on the year.

Besides, first-quarter earnings, although slightly improved, still revealed significant underlying problems with this company. And I'm not certain that aggressive cost-cutting, which management has been applying, is the solution.

If Nokia investors have anything to be excited about, it's that the stock has already reached bottom. Nevertheless, there were no signs that this company is ready to compete against Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) and Google's (NASDAQ:GOOG) Android dominance for the smartphone market. And unfortunately, it no longer appears as if Nokia's relationship with Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) will ever amount to much of what it was billed to be.

In fact, given that Nokia just posted 20% decline in revenue, due (in part) to weak Windows Mobile adoption, I think it's time for the company to consider a different mobile strategy. I appreciate that severing ties with Microsoft is not as easy as it sounds. But investors should nonetheless demand some sort of latitude from management, especially Nokia's Lumia platform, which is still performing well, is being sucked in to a 32% decline in the devices business.

The company did make up for some of deficits by improving profitability. However, this was more of a result of cost-cutting as opposed to better revenue and margins. In Nokia's current state, the unimpressive top line offers very little to get excited about. Nokia investors have to be pleased that Nokia's situation has improved from where things were a couple of years ago.

But the fact that the company has now fallen behind BlackBerry (BBRY), which had essentially died, demonstrates how far Nokia still has to go to garner respect. And it's time that investors wonder if Nokia had the management wherewithal to turn a profit. While cutting costs will help, growing inventories won't.

Nokia's Still in a Death Spiral | stocksaints.com

Analysis: Nokia job cuts may hasten, not stop, death spiral | Reuters

apart from this if you keep your ear to "tech streets" so to speak you will know that nokia is walkin a very thin line, you can tell by the way they keep dropping phone after phone in the hopes of something catch but nothing has yet ( this been going on for over a year now)

but hey like i said earlier , am not pro at this like some of yall are , and dont invest real money , so hopefully none of yall take a big loss

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
but hey like i said earlier , am not pro at this like some of yall are , and dont invest real money , so hopefully none of yall take a big loss

Aw breh you gotta get in the game. shyt's fun as fukk. I'm far from a pro too, I just got lucky and bought in at the right time (I started January 2012).

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
i have real money invested and im enjoying the game... its just fun yall

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:mjpls: yall believe hiphoplives4eva all you want, i put my faith in these guys

Nokia's Still in a Death Spiral | stocksaints.com

Analysis: Nokia job cuts may hasten, not stop, death spiral | Reuters

apart from this if you keep your ear to "tech streets" so to speak you will know that nokia is walkin a very thin line, you can tell by the way they keep dropping phone after phone in the hopes of something catch but nothing has yet ( this been going on for over a year now)

First off, fukk the tech streets. They have done nothing but shyt on Windows Phone and Microsoft for the past 10 years for no fukking good reason. Secondly, Nokia is essentially the only real developer of Windows phone devices internationally. They have created an impressive line of phones all the way from the low budget 520 to the high budget 920, all of which have received rave reviews from users of the platform.

Nokia's 520 is currently selling out all over the globe. The Nokia 928 is set to be a major mover for Verizon as well. Again, as with all investing nothing is guaranteed, but i (and many others) feel that Nokia will have a great Q2 and will likely acheive it's goal of 10% global marketshare by the end of the year.

I understand that as an Android user and a Google fanatic you're a bit intimidate by the overall prowress of the Windows/lumia combo. As well as the fact that the superior design and performance of windows phones will hinder you're favorite company's experiment in global data collection. But my retort to that concern you and many other google funboys share is:

43660-Deal-with-it-Chuck-Norris--Pan-rcAs.gif