Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:ufdup: i aint arguing with you no more , we'll let the #'s speak for themselves.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I usually put my money in 401-K, but i just came across a little bit of Cash from my Company Stock and wanted to reinvest in the market. What do ya'll recommend for a Newbie?

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Gold bubble bursting
:smugdraper: waiting for it to settle.

soon%20(1).jpg

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
The best reason I can give to the young cats on this board to invest is how it was explained to me: if you're not investing in the market, you're losing money. The S&P500 gives an average annualized yield of about 9-10%. If you're stashing money under your mattress, or putting in a low-yield saving account, it's not keeping up with the cost of inflation. Even if you put it in a CD, you were about breaking even with inflation in the past, but as low as interest rates have been recently, you're not even doing that anymore. The only way to put money somewhere where it's working for you and generating returns that beat inflation so that you're not losing money is in market.

Read up on dollar cost averaging and sign up to an online brokerage site and build your investment plan. It's not that hard to do. I didn't start until I was in my late 20's and I wish I did sooner.

:patrice: