Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
all im saying is if you're not a mutual fund manager, you're in the wrong field :heh:

if mutual fund managers risk level is 2, then mine is 9. it's my money. i can do whatever da hell i want. but they can't. a huge difference.

this is before the TSLA jump

vs-market.jpg

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Jeremy from FE averaged 25%+ past 10 years. :manny:

if you just invested in FAANG and TSLA past 10 years you would've easily achieved 30+% return.

A cheap growth stock? Apple.

TSLA - 45.29 %
Tesla Inc (TSLA) Stock 10 Year History

so my goal depends on TSLA/SQ/FAANG/ARK(other top 4 excluding TSLA/SQ)' performance.

in the age of innovation, these stocks will continue to outperform the market. and I'll actively manage the stocks. If i fail, i fail. but ain't gonna stop me from trying. :mjgrin:

oh by the way, my return from 7/9/2019 - 7/9/2020 is 75% :takedat:
If you're investing in companies like Tesla and Apple looking for results like that you probably won't make it. You wanna find the next Tesla or Apple not hop on the train that's already left the station a while ago. You'll need to research and find the next big thing.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If it was Bernie or Elizabeth Warren saying that I'd give it more credence. It'll probably be business as usual for Bezos
I think you are underestimating things.

My understanding is that Biden has typically gone with what was popular. In the 90s, the popular things were more conservative and people of today look back and side-eye the decisions made. Today, being more progressive is more popular and Biden's policy initiatives reflect that. Sanders came out this week and thinks Biden will be hella progressive as well:
Bernie Sanders says Joe Biden will be 'progressive' president | Daily Mail Online

I don't want to turn this thread into a political debate thread, but I would pay more attention to current actions than policy decisions made 30 years ago

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
If you're investing in companies like Tesla and Apple looking for results like that you probably won't make it. You wanna find the next Tesla or Apple not hop on the train that's already left the station a while ago. You'll need to research and find the next big thing.

TSLA/SQ will have exponential growth in next 5-6 years. FAANG / div stocks / 5G are my safety net. 2U/CRSP/XLNX/ILMN/NVTA has exponential growth potential.

i'll risk more whenever i eat some profits.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
I think you are underestimating things.

My understanding is that Biden has typically gone with what was popular. In the 90s, the popular things were more conservative and people of today look back and side-eye the decisions made. Today, being more progressive is more popular and Biden's policy initiatives reflect that. Sanders came out this week and thinks Biden will be hella progressive as well:
Bernie Sanders says Joe Biden will be 'progressive' president | Daily Mail Online

I don't want to turn this thread into a political debate thread, but I would pay more attention to current actions than policy decisions made 30 years ago

Yeah I don't want to turn this into that either

But I certainly wouldn't mind him turning the corner as you say

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i just switched my 401k to deposit 40 percent of my paychecks :takedat: think im gonna do that through 2021. build out a nice base

have it at 100% S&P with a .02 percent expense ratio, FXAIX. they had me in some bullshyt when i looked at it last year with a .5 expense ratio :hhh:

if they let you pick your investments at your company i recommend fukking around with it

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
i just switched my 401k to deposit 40 percent of my paychecks :takedat: think im gonna do that through 2021. build out a nice base

have it at 100% S&P with a .02 percent expense ratio, FXAIX. they had me in some bullshyt when i looked at it last year with a .5 expense ratio :hhh:

if they let you pick your investments at your company i recommend fukking around with it

.5 is outrageous :mjlol:
%40 of your paycheck :ohhh:- u will be paying close to nothing in taxes, i just started with 4% at company due to the company match :yeshrug:

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
It's doable but not something I'd count on. If the average annual return is 7% or so you'll have to consistently 3x that.

that must be index funds. s&p500 average like 12%. from 2009 - 2019 it returned 15%. i'll be focusing on innovation and disruptive companies, so i hope i can 2x the s&p average. :manny: