Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
just set up my m1 finance pie :blessed:
i put 1500 for my initial deposit and it says i have 10 buys when the market open tomorrow but it says @ 10am instead of 9:30am
am i missing anything?

that's been their trade window for the longest but starting July 1 they will begin trading at 9:30 to match the markets. M1 isn't perfect. People complained so now they will be doing 9:30. I wouldn't be surprised if they shift into premarket at some point.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thinking I might start off with VOO for my first index fund (ETF)

ETF works the same way right, in the sense of let it stack up over the years and eventually cash out at a nice rate of return along with compound interest? :jbhmm:

I eventually want to get VFIAX but I’m gone start with this one and let it build over the years

Am I on the right track? :lupe:
breh you're overcomplicating the fukk outta long term investing :dead:

stocks go up over time. you buy as much as you want every month

morris

Superstar
Daps
I finally got in on Livongo today. I also bought some SHLL. We are talking about a solid company here.. not as much smoke and mirrors as NKLA. Let's see how it does.

Re: SHLL

what made you buy now? I was trying to see how they make profits and I'm guessing they take a cut from the services they provide ...

"Tortoise Acquisition Corp. does not have significant operations. It intends to effect a merger, capital stock exchange, asset acquisition, stock purchase, reorganization, or similar business combination with one or more businesses. The company was founded in 2018 and is based in Leawood, Kansas."

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Re: SHLL

what made you buy now? I was trying to see how they make profits and I'm guessing they take a cut from the services they provide ...

"Tortoise Acquisition Corp. does not have significant operations. It intends to effect a merger, capital stock exchange, asset acquisition, stock purchase, reorganization, or similar business combination with one or more businesses. The company was founded in 2018 and is based in Leawood, Kansas."

It ran up a lot and then had an 8% pullback. I was waiting for that.

Yes, it's an acquisition company.. they are merging with Hyliion the trucking company. They appear to have a solid business model. Cost-saving trucking/car companies are the wave right now so I figure I take a stab at it..

but I was waiting for a pullback because it ran up so much.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I finally got in on Livongo today. I also bought some SHLL. We are talking about a solid company here.. not as much smoke and mirrors as NKLA. Let's see how it does.
Everybody wants to shyt on NKLA but it's been nothing but solid gains damn near everyday

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Everybody wants to shyt on NKLA but it's been nothing but solid gains damn near everyday

It's been a swing play that I've stayed away from since I sold weeks ago.. IDK long term is up in the air and they are supposedly flooding the market with more shares soon so I expect a swift drop and then we see where it stabilizes.

redd2013

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
breh, what is your cost basis on that? I mean long term potential could be a very long time.. it's not a horrible company but if your cost basis is high af u probably wanna get out lol

Around 2.40 lost over half it's value. Tired seeing it get drained everyday.