Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
finally made an M1. going to move move from me and wife's savings to this. we've been holding far too much money in checkings/savings as inexperienced investors and missed out on great growth for the last 5-8 years.

Great move just remember, stocks don't always go up. They will over time but it's not always a guarantee that they will rise exactly when you want them to.

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
Great move just remember, stocks don't always go up. They will over time but it's not always a guarantee that they will rise exactly when you want them to.

no doubt. the money i put in will not be for quick flips, but for longterm growth as basically a secondary savings account. not planning on touching it other than rebalancing every so often. goal will be to put 1-2k in the m1 every month, and another 1-2k monthly into indexes/ETFs on my fidelity IRA. Any other money, maybe 500-1k month will go into my other fidelity and TDA investment accounts to take more risks with. I also have 2 old 401k's that are vested that continue to grow (they're bouncing back since March) and another newer fidelity 401k w/ my current employer. Trying to completely revamp how we do finances. we have 2 nice cars paid off, wife has no other debt and she also makes six figures. my med school debt is significantly decreased from large lump sums I paid on it end of 2019 with still a nice emergency fund built up. Feeling more free and willing to be more aggressive in terms of making our money work for us and not working until i'm 60.

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
no doubt. the money i put in will not be for quick flips, but for longterm growth as basically a secondary savings account. not planning on touching it other than rebalancing every so often. goal will be to put 1-2k in the m1 every month, and another 1-2k monthly into indexes/ETFs on my fidelity IRA. Any other money, maybe 500-1k month will go into my other fidelity and TDA investment accounts to take more risks with. I also have 2 old 401k's that are vested that continue to grow (they're bouncing back since March) and another newer fidelity 401k w/ my current employer. Trying to completely revamp how we do finances. we have 2 nice cars paid off, wife has no other debt and she also makes six figures. my med school debt is significantly decreased from large lump sums I paid on it end of 2019 with still a nice emergency fund built up. Feeling more free and willing to be more aggressive in terms of making our money work for us and not working until i'm 60.

That extra 2.5k+ ... you are talking about....you may want to think about velocity banking as well (if you are home owner). A case can be made for both imo ( knocking out house debt vs investing) Just depends on your goals.

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
That extra 2.5k+ ... you are talking about....you may want to think about velocity banking as well (if you are home owner). A case can be made for both imo ( knocking out house debt vs investing) Just depends on your goals.

not a homeowner yet/ever. looking to buy our first before end of year. will likely do a reno.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime:
Part1_sector.png
WatchList.png
Free Stock Screener