Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Appreciate all the info breh :salute:

I been reading up on this since I saw y’all posting bout it. I could invest in index funds. Fidelity and Vanguard are the ones I’m seeing the most. With index funds I don’t pick my own stocks, I just invest on the overall market? :jbhmm:

I read a Forbes article on 3 fund portfolios, I’d have to read more before I fully get it.

To add a little more insight, i use fidelity for my index fund investing. one index fund is the QQQ that tracks all the tech stocks (Apple, Amazon,Microsoft, Facebook, etc) in the market. I started initially investing in this ETF when it was 207, now its 243.

It has an expense ratio of .20% (For example, let’s say that a particular index fund has an expense ratio of 0.50%. That means that if you have $1,000 invested in that index fund, $5 will be taken out each year as a fee)

Hope that helps

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
i wonder what it will look like if/when they integrate the platform w/ schwab..
Idk but the need to extend their PM hours, i really don't like how WeBull has a whole 3 hours ahead of TDA.....

At the same time, I learned to use this to my advantage, like today during PM i didnt like how BYFC, was moving, so I dumped the second 4am(pst) hit, because I knew a sudden spike in price would happen due to TOS coming online.