Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm not sure how they work with shorting, if that's what he was doing. I shorted a stock on accident once and when I saw that negative sign I hurried up and closed that shyt out.

i would guess he was selling puts, and wouldve been on the hook for the stock had they performed better than he expected

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
futures down 400

there's nothing left in the tank imo. Over 27k with Q2 earnings coming up and no treatment/vaccine was stretched too far maybe even for the Fed.

i'm not seeing a crash unless covid gets outta hand but i think we could stay trading sideways in this new range

old range was 23k-24.5k

maybe this is 25k-26.5k?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Nikola Founder Exaggerated the Capability of His Debut Truck

I feel like this is gonna be an epic pump and dump

He’s a Tesla fanboy but also one of the best YouTubers going usually always on point going be his research the nikola trucks would be MORE expensive than diesel so would be hustling backwards

Nikola Founder Exaggerated the Capability of His Debut Truck

The company expects to have its first $1 billion year of revenue in 2023. The truck factory it plans to build south of Phoenix is projected to reach full production of about 30,000 fuel-cell electric vehicles in 2027 and 15,000 battery-electric vehicles the following year.

:lupe:

Might be worth watching from time to time as time passes.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
NKLA is just another NIO to me. :manny:

it's worth trading, but not worth investing. i ate with NKLA already so i'm good. if you still holding NKLA then something is wrong with you

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
got my M1 setup. just need to wait for them to verify my bank account so i can deposit and hopefully by Monday I'll be ready.

I been looking this up

You get interest off this?

Breh said 500/month for 30 years can yield 3 million?

Or is that something else?

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
what exactly is your goal? what are you trying to do?

fidelity is one of the best brokerages in the world, it probably fits your needs :dead:

i mean are you trying to flip penny stocks like these dudes, or just invest every month?

I wanna do both

I was just doing stocks for now but if I can invest 500/month and earn some nice interest over the years I’d do it. Especially if it was minimal risk.

I take risks with stock and crypto but I wanna have an investment account that accrues interest over the years as well, preferably with minimal risk.

M1 the way to go with this? :jbhmm:

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
I been looking this up

You get interest off this?

Breh said 500/month for 30 years can yield 3 million?

Or is that something else?

No you don't get interest off anything breh. you are investing and growing your wealth. and a good investor averages anywhere from 15-20%. If you invested in Apple past 20 years, your apple share would've been up 1500%.

AAPL - Apple Stock Performance Report - Barchart.com

$1000 10 years ago would've been $10753 now. and that's without investing any extra $.

Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock 10 Year History

past 10 years Apple averaged 26.81% yearly return.

so do you math here.
Compound Interest Calculator

Current principal - $0
Annual contribution - $6000 ($500 monthly)
Years to grow - 30
interest rate - 15%
Future value - $2,999,741.51

That's the power of compound interest. there's a huge difference between 20 years vs. 25 years. and there's another huge difference between 25 years vs. 30 years.

15% means you are slightly beating the market. if you just do index funds (go look up 3 fund portfolio) you would most likely average 12-14%. and it will be around 2mil instead of 3mil, but it's much safer way of investing because you are investing on the entire market.

although i suggest to all noobs to just do index funds, but it's actually not a bad idea to pick your own stocks and invest. through M1 you get to build your own ETF which is the coolest part. also advantage of building your own is that there's no expense ratio. there are many great ETFs or mutual funds available, but many of them costs you money. it's basically a fee you have to pay. It's safer to invest in mutual fund, but i like picking my own stocks.

Go look up Jeremy Financial Education on youtube if you want to learn more about how to pick stocks and how to look at companies balance sheet. Cac talks alot, and can be extremely annoying, but he is good and has alot of substance.

look, you don't need to be an expert. just start doing your own research and go for it. you won't regret it.

Last edited:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
No you don't get interest off anything breh. you are investing and growing your wealth. and a good investor averages anywhere from 15-20%. If you invested in Apple past 20 years, your apple share would've been up 1500%.

AAPL - Apple Stock Performance Report - Barchart.com

$1000 10 years ago would've been $10753 now. and that's without investing any extra $.

Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock 10 Year History

past 10 years Apple averaged 26.81% yearly return.

so do you math here.
Compound Interest Calculator

Current principal - $0
Annual contribution - $6000 ($500 monthly)
Years to grow - 30
interest rate - 15%
Future value - $2,999,741.51

That's the power of compound interest. there's a huge difference between 20 years vs. 25 years. and there's another huge difference between 25 years vs. 30 years.

15% means you are slightly beating the market. if you just do index funds (go look up 3 fund portfolio) you would most likely average 12-14%. and it will be around 2mil instead of 3mil, but it's much safer way of investing because you are investing on the entire market.

although i suggest to all noobs to just do index funds, but it's actually not a bad idea to pick your own stocks and invest. through M1 you get to build your own ETF which is the coolest part. also advantage of building your own is that there's no expense ratio. there are many great ETFs or mutual funds available, but many of them costs you money. it's basically a fee you have to pay. It's safer to invest in mutual fund, but i like picking my own stocks.

Go look up Jeremy Financial Education on youtube if you want to learn more about how to pick stocks and how to look at companies balance sheet. Cac talks alot, and can be extremely annoying, but he is good and has alot of substance.

look, you don't need to be an expert. just start doing your own research and go for it. you won't regret it.

Appreciate all the info breh :salute:

I been reading up on this since I saw y’all posting bout it. I could invest in index funds. Fidelity and Vanguard are the ones I’m seeing the most. With index funds I don’t pick my own stocks, I just invest on the overall market? :jbhmm:

I read a Forbes article on 3 fund portfolios, I’d have to read more before I fully get it.