Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
which platform do you use for the tech analysis charts ?

You can literally use any. Almost all platforms have tech analysis. The key is finding out which metrics matter.

For instance, if you are a short-term swing trader, you're going to look at the daily charts, the 5min charts, and your tech analysis will be based off weekly and 20 day simple moving averages and where your stock is in relation to that line.

If you're a long term trader, you're going to look at the monthly and yearly charts, etc. You would use the 200-day moving average now instead of the short term 20 day ones.

Thats a very simplistic view but thats how you start to look at it.

MASimple20DIA.gif

So in this example, the blue line is the 20-day moving average. It is basically a "support" line for the stock meaning at the blue line, people are willing to hold the line and buy up stock. So every time the stock drops and touches the blue line, people buy it and it bounces back (in most cases). Now, this situation "holds the line" for a while. That means the support is fairly strong. However, you see that towards the end, it drops significantly. So while the blue line provides support, if it FAILS, then the drop is significant because now it has no level of "support" as we blew past the blue moving average line. Same works for the opposite scenario. If we were below the line and then it broke up above it, its called a "break out" and now the stock has plenty of room to run and gain upwards since theres no "ceiling" to it on the tech charts.

Ya?

Banned
Daps
You can literally use any. Almost all platforms have tech analysis. The key is finding out which metrics matter.

For instance, if you are a short-term swing trader, you're going to look at the daily charts, the 5min charts, and your tech analysis will be based off weekly and 20 day simple moving averages and where your stock is in relation to that line.

If you're a long term trader, you're going to look at the monthly and yearly charts, etc. You would use the 200-day moving average now instead of the short term 20 day ones.

Thats a very simplistic view but thats how you start to look at it.
Thanks

• Dap
Reactions: ill

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Got a tragically funny story to share. So just earlier I'm just chilling and see mention of some stock called IDEX. I see it around $1.50 and I look and I have like $1700 to play with in my roth ira. So I'm like fukk it I'll get 1000. So I check on it and see I'm up like $100. I'm like damn maybe this thing can go to $2 or higher and I'm up already for the day. So I say, let me get some in my other account where I have more money available. So on fidelity it tells you the ticker symbol and the name of the stock next to it. I search and I click on idex. That shyt says $150. I'm like oh shyt, did I just experience the greatest come up of my entire life? :gladbron: I look again and it's IEX which is a company called Idex. The IDEX stock is completely different. I've never gone from :blessed: to :mjcry: so quick in my life.

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
I come to you humbly, I am legit asking. Ill be the dummy asking the silly questions cause others are also learning.
no it aint. broke 1000 a few days ago and is hovering over it. should be 3000 - 4000 in th future. if could afford tesla I would buy a shyt load of it. In fact, tesla would just be my only stock tbh. I'm upset I missed it when it dropped to 360. oh well.